Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Timewasters at the FA. AGAIN.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58435485

Middlesbrough defender Marc Bola has been charged with misconduct by the FA over a nine-year-old social media post made when he was 14.

The charge relates to a post which "is insulting and/or abusive and/or improper", including a reference to sexual orientation.

The alleged post by 23-year-old Bola was made on 14 April 2012.

Bola, who has made five Championship appearances for Boro this season, has until 20 September to respond.

Should the case go to a hearing, an independent regulatory commission will take the circumstances of the post into account.

I can't find a facepalm big enough for this. 'Kin ell, you'd think the FA have bigger fish to fry at the moment.
As an aside, didn't his parents miss a trick by not calling him Tom. Shame that.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

Middlesbrough defender Marc Bola has been charged with misconduct by the FA over a nine-year-old social media post made when he was 14.

The charge relates to a post which "is insulting and/or abusive and/or improper", including a reference to sexual orientation.

Bola, who has made five Championship appearances for Boro this season, has until 20 September to respond.

Should the case go to a hearing, an independent regulatory commission will take the circumstances of the post into account.

I can't find a facepalm big enough for this. 'Kin ell, you'd think the FA have bigger fish to fry at the moment.
As an aside, didn't his parents miss a trick by not calling him Tom. Shame that.

Ludicrous.

As an aside, at least his first name does not begin with an E

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
An appropriate sanction could be fining him 2 weeks pocket money for a 14 year old.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005

Just so we’re on the same page are homophobic views acceptable up until the age of 14?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Assuming it's 'been bought to the FA attention' then fair enough.
They have so say something or else it sets them up to fail later.

If it's anything more than a nice trip to London, for the lad, something is wrong.
As wrong as it would be if The FA trawls around looking for the offence, in the first place.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
No sweets for a week.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Just so we’re on the same page are homophobic views acceptable up until the age of 14?

If I got punished for all the stupid things I said (that I would no longer say or think) when I was 13-14, I'd get a lot of punishment. I dont think I'm the only one in that position.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

A classic 2021 here, The FA want to be seen to do something to tick boxes and stop a virtual signalling backlash by doing the sensible thing of asking him to say sorry.

I imagine a ban is incoming.

Easier than dealing with actual issues I guess.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If I got punished for all the stupid things I said (that I would no longer say or think) when I was 13-14, I'd get a lot of punishment. I dont think I'm the only one in that position.

Also the fact that when he was 14 that was nine years ago - and even in that short space of time attitudes towards homophobia and LBGT people have changed.

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway

No they aren’t.

But is it acceptable to retrospectively punish someone for making a mistake 9 years ago that they may now regret, have apologized for and educated themselves about? I assume this is the what the FA wish to establish.

It’s not like he retweeted the post last week. He really should have deleted it though.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

Totally agree ...

I knew someone calledTerry Bull

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
long shadows

I think that if they weren't repeated after 14, than at age 22 the statute of limitions has expired.

Seaview Seagull

NSC Patron
Mar 1, 2021
No win situation for the FA here. Given they didn't initiate matters I imagine they will look to education and/or contrition which is I think the right course.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Does anyone know what he actually said?

If it turns out he’d done an Andre Grey and said that gay people deserve to die and burn in hell then I’m not sure age is an excuse. If he just called somebody a poof then yeah, a 14 year old in 2012 probably shouldn’t be punished 9 year later.

Is there any proof of what he said, or does Context not matter?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
No they aren’t.

But is it acceptable to retrospectively punish someone for making a mistake 9 years ago that they may now regret, have apologized for and educated themselves about? I assume this is the what the FA wish to establish.

It’s not like he retweeted the post last week. He really should have deleted it though.

Didn't much the same thing recently happen to England cricketing debutant Ollie Robinson? Same sort of years 2012-2013? Same sort of twatter posts. Only real difference he was 18-19 years old. Maybe Marc Bola could just copy n paste the same trite 'apology'?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here