Who would you pick.

• Trossard

Votes: 157 81.8%
  • Knocky

Votes: 35 18.2%

• Total voters

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Trossard over Knocky. But would like both in the squad.

Hoping for a good season from Trossard.

Knocky had great passion was brilliant in the promotion season.
But never quite fulfilled his promise in the PL. For every occasional wonder goal (cf Palace goal away) there was also the occasional stupid moment (cf two footed lunge and the red against Bournemouth.)

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Trossard over Knocky. But would like both in the squad.

Hoping for a good season from Trossard.

Knocky had great passion was brilliant in the promotion season.
But never quite fulfilled his promise in the PL. For every occasional wonder goal (cf Palace goal away) there was also the occasional stupid moment (cf two footed lunge and the red against Bournemouth.)

The wonder goal at Palace was a thing of beauty.
However there's a separate debate on whether he should've stll been on the pitch.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Trossard by some distance in the PL, so Knockaert will have to be content with cup games and the odd appearance from the bench.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Bit of a harsh poll.

Obviously Trossard has played more PL games, scored (a few ) more and had an international career for a top nation

But Knocky has got me off my feet like no other player i've ever seen for us. He's scored goals and performed skill which I never thought I would see from a player in the stripes. He was the player I dreamed of being when I was a boy,

I can't ignore that was predominantly in the Championship, but I do sometimes consider some alternate reality where Knocky was playing for us in a time when we were competitive going forward in the PL like we are now and his head was right and he had a manager who believed in him. I wonder just how differently things could have gone.

The head then says Trossard, but I don't see 100's of kids in Trossard shirts and I don't hear 30,000 roaring his song

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Knockaert in the Championship has been my favourite Amex era player so far. However, in terms of performances in the PL, Trossard is the better player.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Knocky was a bit of a one trick pony. A fantastic trick and beautiful to see when he got it right. But easy to figure out at PL standards and quite often in the PL was marked out of the game, hence the red mist.

Some wonderful memories tho, esp in the Championship.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Trossard by a long way in the Premier League. He played a key role in our better performances in the second half of last season, and can change a game when on form (e.g. Manchester City at home). However, I wish he wouldn't keep looking like the tourists I see lounging in deckchairs in Green Park on my way back to Victoria Station, which is how I would describe him in both the Everton (especially) and Watford (to a certain extent) games.

As for Knockaert, other than the goals against Everton and Palace, and sadly the lunge against Bournemouth, I can't remember him making much of a contribution in the two seasons after we were promoted. Saying that, I wasn't too happy when we let him go to Fulham. I'm not sure if we'd signed Trossard by then. Potter doesn't use traditional wingers, so I don't think Knockaert would have had much game time under Potter, and he wouldn't have worked as a right wing back. Not that I am trying to denigrate Knockaert. He was dynamite in the Championship, and crucial to our promotion to the Premier League.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I won't vote, because:

Trossard - a decent EPL player who has good games, but frustratingly doesn't yet deliver in goals and assists for a forward/winger.

Knockaert - forever an Albion hero. My personal view was always that he lacked the pace to prosper at EPL level, which affected his mind and overall game.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Knocky 100%.

No one in this squad comes close to exciting a crowd like knocky did.

Btw. Are we saying this as now or when knocky was at his best?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here