Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brentford fans

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
There speaks a fan base still buzzing from promotion and new to the prem .

If only it could stay like that .

The first step to how it feels is on its way to them

0-2 Albion

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
My word.

We play like they did in 2018.
Defence is shit because White has gone.
Almost all going for a win (based on how hard their next games are more than anything else)
Maupay not playing (apparently).
Their amazing crowd will cheer them to victory.

I love their optimism, but the Prem is relentless. I think that Arsenal win has gone to their heads.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I hope their team are as cocky as most of their fans seem to be.

I am hoping this is a “welcome to the PL” game where they get punished for every mistake which is the big difference from the Championship.

Not really a very happy hunting ground, though it’s a new stadium so we can start afresh.

Toney will not be bullying Duffy either

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
That win against one of the worst Arsenal sides in history (which was tailor made for a newly promoted side as the first game of the season) has certainly done wonders for their confidence! They’ve played two average teams (still think Villa might struggle) since but have done well to stay unbeaten.

Before people go too hard at their fans for being arrogant, I’m sure we were the same when we got promoted to the Championship and were top after four or five games. Let them have their moment, they’ll pipe down before long, even if that’s next season if they somehow manage a one-off like Sheffield United (doubtful).

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Brentford are another club, proud of their heritage, being surrounded by bigger London names.
As mentioned, let them have their moment.
Weren't we chomping at the bit when newly promoted???

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
We do seem to struggle at Brentford though - how many times have we won there (FA Cup and Nelse's goal aside)?

I went to Griffin Park three times and saw us lose 3-0, 4-0 and 4-0. I'd be happy with a draw from this

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We do seem to struggle at Brentford though - how many times have we won there (FA Cup and Nelse's goal aside)?

I went to Griffin Park three times and saw us lose 3-0, 4-0 and 4-0. I'd be happy with a draw from this

We won 1-0, in the crazy run of ‘nine wins in March’ under Poyet.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
If this was in the championship I would expect us to lose as we always do. Will be interesting. Good test.

Do have a bit of an irrational hate for them. Their manager is way too cocky for his own good.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Totally let them have their moment. Not sure we were that confident after 3 games, but I haven't seen anyone say they're arrogant on this thread. Deluded possibly. High on adrenalin definitely.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
We won 1-0, in the crazy run of ‘nine wins in March’ under Poyet.

If this was in the championship I would expect us to lose as we always do. Will be interesting. Good test.

Do have a bit of an irrational hate for them. Their manager is way too cocky for his own good.

Our last 5 games at Brentford (including a cup win) have seen 2 wins for us, 2 draws and 1 loss. That's a very good return.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
I don't get it. Are we being a bit precious? Because I see comments like those above on here every week after we've won a game.

I agree. There’s nothing on that thread to get upset about. One or two slightly misinformed opinions on our team, but they’re Brentford fans not Brighton fans, so that’s to be expected.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
I like Brentford and how they've done things and their fans (real ones, not keyboard ones) always seem decent home and away. I think most of us expect to finish above Brentford at the end of the season and if we've progressed at all, we need to take points off the teams below us. Nothing but 3 points will do.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

New ground, break any bad runs.

Looking forward to when Everton move as well!

I can understand why Brentford feel they can beat us, as a newly promoted club you will target so-called weaker teams for points. I'm fairly certain we did the same.

Their amazing crowd though? Really? Always been a bit of a library for me, remind me of Watford and Charlton, but marginally louder.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

You're right about their manager. He reminds me of Phil Brown when he had that purple patch at Hull.

I'd take a draw. I'm conditioned to us losing at Brentford despite being there for both wins in 1987 when Nelse scored his wonder goal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here