Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Wsl 2020/21

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Anyone see the first game of the 20/21 season on Sky tonight?? The coverage on Sky was superb and 4 pundits shows that Sky is putting the same effort into the ladies game.

Absolutely shocking though that the WSL has no goal line technology, Reading had a perfectly good goal tonight disallowed, that on further reflection looked over the line. As the commentators said Man U fans worldwide would be screaming it wasn't over the line and Reading fans wil be screaming it was, surely it's time for referees at this level to be professional?

Last edited:

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Anyone see the first game of the 20/21 season on Sky tonight?? The coverage on Sky was superb and 4 pundits shows that Sky is putting the same effort into the ladies game.

Absolutely shocking though that the WSL has no goal line technology, Reading had a perfectly good goal tonight disallowed, that on further reflection looked over the line. As the commentators said Man U fans worldwide would be screaming it wasn't over the line and Reading fans wil be screaming it was, surely it's time for referees at this levdll to be professional?

Yep watched and enjoyed it.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It's another absolutely tremendous Crodo thread. I didn't watch it, but I'd wager the enormous, passionate, home crowd would have been absolutely seething if Reading's goal had been allowed to stand.

Am I right Crodo? What was Alec Scott's take on it?

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Being on Sky is not generally a good move to grow your sport.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Being on Sky is not generally a good move to grow your sport.

Extensive coverage on BBC this season, I won’t be watching, but good news for those of you who love the women’s game

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
There is a half hour documentary on sky at the moment looking at Brighton’s pre season prep for the WSL season. It’s an interesting watch, interviews with some of the players as they get used to the area.

You get a brief glimpse of the new facilities Tony has built for the team at Lancing, he’s invested heavily in trying to make sure we’ve got world class facilities provided for all of our teams. Not many clubs have the women’s team training out of the same complex as their men’s teams. Well done TB.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
There is a half hour documentary on sky at the moment looking at Brighton’s pre season prep for the WSL season. It’s an interesting watch, interviews with some of the players as they get used to the area.

You get a brief glimpse of the new facilities Tony has built for the team at Lancing, he’s invested heavily in trying to make sure we’ve got world class facilities provided for all of our teams. Not many clubs have the women’s team training out of the same complex as their men’s teams. Well done TB.

Makes you realise how lucky we are to have Hope Powell, so passionate about ladies football and BHA, she comes across excellently. Can't help but feel we're in for a truly exciting season following them.

I bet Man U fans still can't believe their luck from last night. Just messaged a Man U supporting work colleague and he was adamant the ball wasn't fully over the line.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I bet Man U fans still can't believe their luck from last night. Just messaged a Man U supporting work colleague and he was adamant the ball wasn't fully over the line.
Yes I went swimming as usual this morning and this incident was the talk of the changing rooms.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It's just such a shame that Brighton's game has been scheduled for tomorrow when I've got the weekly Waitrose shop to do, followed by the Formula 1. Zandvoort isn't the most interesting track in the world but it'll be great to see the orange masses of Max's support bouncing and letting off their smoke bombs and interesting to see if they boo when Lewis takes the knee.

A shame because no doubt the Amex will be a seething cauldron of noise itself and I imagine there are many who already can't contain their excitement. I just hope everyone wears a mask.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
That second United strike, people denigrate the women’s game but the way the Spaniard opened her foot up and sent it into the top corner was fantastic technique.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Hope it will be easier to stream the WSL this season. The English league is getting better and better. As a Swede it will be interesting to follow Hanna Bennison in Everton, real talent.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Makes you realise how lucky we are to have Hope Powell, so passionate about ladies football and BHA, she comes across excellently. Can't help but feel we're in for a truly exciting season following them.

Was it dirty Barry or another colleague, dirtiness to be confirmed?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
That second United strike, people denigrate the women’s game but the way the Spaniard opened her foot up and sent it into the top corner was fantastic technique.

Throughout history, insecure men have felt that being condescending against something women do is a great opportunity to show how strong and manly they are.

Its their loss obviously as there is a lot of skill and entertainment to enjoy in womens football.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Throughout history, insecure men have felt that being condescending against something women do is a great opportunity to show how strong and manly they are.

Its their loss obviously as there is a lot of skill and entertainment to enjoy in womens football.

100% Swanny. A gag to finish (well why not?):

I blame the quality of women's bikes.
They don't set the bar particularly high.

Chin chin :thumbsup::amex:

boik

It's just such a shame that Brighton's game has been scheduled for tomorrow when I've got the weekly Waitrose shop to do, followed by the Formula 1. Zandvoort isn't the most interesting track in the world but it'll be great to see the orange masses of Max's support bouncing and letting off their smoke bombs and interesting to see if they boo when Lewis takes the knee.

A shame because no doubt the Amex will be a seething cauldron of noise itself and I imagine there are many who already can't contain their excitement. I just hope everyone wears a mask.

Very snidey. You should be proud of yourself.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003

Absolutely shocking though that the WSL has no goal line technology, Reading had a perfectly good goal tonight disallowed, that on further reflection looked over the line. As the commentators said Man U fans worldwide would be screaming it wasn't over the line and Reading fans wil be screaming it was, surely it's time for referees at this level to be professional?

Oi! Crodo!

Your Soccer Aid thread is a bit late. Get a move on will you?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I am getting the impression that not being interested in women’s football is moving towards being as unacceptable as smoking :wink:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I am getting the impression that not being interested in women’s football is moving towards being as unacceptable as smoking :wink:

Not really.

Something quite unique though: whenever there is a thread about womens football, some posters feel it is very very important to say "I'm not interested in womens football", but if you do the same thing on some thread about other sports you get comments like:

I agree but I have no interest in cricket so I don’t feel the need to go on a cricket thread and suggest that it’s a shit sport and how I’d rather watch Lacrosse :wink:

I have no problem if you want to diss Formula One I just find it a bit odd that you comment at all on something you don’t like.

:shrug:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Very snidey. You should be proud of yourself.

A mere homage to the OP who, I suspect, forgot a couple of obvious tropes in the sheer national froth created by goal-gate.

Snide? Good word for the club putting out excited article after excited article about WSL signings whilst failing to strengthen the men up front.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Not really.

Something quite unique though: whenever there is a thread about womens football, some posters feel it is very very important to say "I'm not interested in womens football", but if you do the same thing on some thread about other sports you get comments like:

:shrug:

And there was me thinking I was doing posters who weren’t aware that WSL was on terrestrial tv a favour letting them know, and I wasn’t dissing women’s football, just stating that it wasn’t for me :smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here