Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Mince Pies

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Mince Pies were on sale in our local farm shop today, me and Mrs Crodo love a mince pie with a generous dollop of brandy butter. Great that we're into that season again.

:clap:

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
I'm one of those people that gets the hump if I see any Xmas stuff in the shops before November 1st. I was disappointed to see the Xmas choc tubs on sale yesterday. I won't buy them no matter how cheap they are at the moment, as previous experience has taught me that I'll eat them all before Xmas.
Mince pies are completely different though, I would sign a petition for shops to stock them all year, in the same way they do with Hot Cross Buns. I bloody love them.... cold, crumbly shortcrust pastry & nothing else added. Thanks for that, I wont be able to get them out of my head for ages now! :laugh:

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
When I was last back in NY just over 2 years ago , I had a lovely mince pie at Cafè Blèriot XI on the upper east side ! Highly recommended,

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
should be banned, along with all other Christmas paraphernalia, until mid-November.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Mince Pies were on sale in our local farm shop today, me and Mrs Crodo love a mince pie with a generous dollop of brandy butter. Great that we're into that season again.

:clap:

There you go, I told you all that Brighton fans do their shopping in farm shops, no wonder the Amex is 3/4 empty they must have had a fresh delivery of spoilt pig bacon or wild boar sausages.
Anyhows you can't beat a mince pie that is loaded with brandy and made of puff pastry, with hot custard, so there.
Any complaints about this post must consider that I have just polished off a whole bottle of White Burgundy.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Rank, along with all other puddings with fruit in.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I don’t know why we have to wait till Christmas to sample this wondrous sweet treat.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Where are the Easter Eggs?

You can buy hot cross buns all year round these days.

No respect for traditions these days.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Tins of Roses and Quality Street are in my local Budgen and on offer online at Tesco, so presumably in store. Save money on Christmas and buy now:)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm with Danny Baker on this one. The earlier Christmas starts the better. We left some of our Christmas light up, a few years ago, and they are still on now. LED, so not sapping the national grid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJPc7esgvsA

Keep an eye on the calories though [MENTION=3385]crodonilson[/MENTION], you and your morbid obesity :thumbsup:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I don’t mind a mince pie. The same way I don’t mind dogshit as long as it’s not on my driveway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here