Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Zak Sturge and Zak Emmerson - stream of England U-18s tomorrow (Friday)

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Albion's 2nd-year scholar left-back Zak Sturge was named, last week, in the England U-18 squad that faces Wales tomorrow (Friday). On Saturday, forward Zak Emmerson was called into the squad.

The match is apparently being streamed by the FA of Wales on their facebook page and youtube channel.

The match kicks off at 1pm.

I have no idea if either of the Zaks will play, and I won't be watching (5am - bollocks to that!) but I thought I would flag it up in case anyone else was interested:-

[TWEET]1430457225005371394[/TWEET]

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Albion's 2nd-year scholar left-back Zak Sturge was named, last week, in the England U-18 squad that faces Wales tomorrow (Friday). On Saturday, forward Zak Emmerson was called into the squad.

The match is apparently being streamed by the FA of Wales on their facebook page and youtube channel.

I have no idea if either of the Zaks will play, and I won't be watching (5am - bollocks to that!) but I thought I would flag it up in case anyone else was interested:-

Thank you - look forward to that (but will probably go back to old episodes of The Bill or Countdown if neither of the Zaks are playing)!.

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand

Might be worth walking down there, Spytty Park is only just down the road from me. Interesting choice of venue for an international match.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Thank you - look forward to that (but will probably go back to old episodes of The Bill or Countdown if neither of the Zaks are playing)!.

Some of us are weary of the world of work and looking forward to the next stage of life. Can't wait to find out what you get up to on a cold rainy February Monday.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Might be worth walking down there, Spytty Park is only just down the road from me. Interesting choice of venue for an international match.

I had a wander round the whole place, recently, when I was working at the Swimming Pool on the same park. I presume they are playing this at Dragon parc (the Welsh National Football Development Centre), rather than the old stadium. The playing surface is fantastic - looks a pretty good choice of venue for a game without spectators.

http://www.fawtrust.cymru/dragon-park/home/

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I had a wander round the whole place, recently, when I was working at the Swimming Pool on the same park. I presume they are playing this at Dragon parc (the Welsh National Football Development Centre), rather than the old stadium. The playing surface is fantastic - looks a pretty good choice of venue for a game without spectators.

http://www.fawtrust.cymru/dragon-park/home/

Looking at the stream, confirms that my assumption was entirely WRONG. They are in fact playing at the old stadium.

The complete Spytty parc is quite impressive. The building directly behind the pitch as the camera looks is the Welsh National Velodrome, and when the camera pans beyond the right hand goal, that's the cricket ground. Glamorgan 2nd XI were playing, when I was there, which was a real stroke of luck, as it gave me something to watch for two hours while I waited for the AA, having locked my ****ing keys in the boot of my ****ing car....

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Looking at the stream, they have bought the players out onto the incorrect pitch. They are in fact playing at the old stadium.

The complete Spytty parc is quite impressive. The building directly behind the pitch as the camera looks is the Welsh National Velodrome, and when the camera pans beyond the right hand goal, that's the cricket ground. Glamorgan 2nd XI were playing, when I was there, which was a real stroke of luck, as it gave me something to watch for two hours while I waited for the AA, having locked my ****ing keys in the boot of my ****ing car....

Sorry to pick you up on this, but you can't just come on NSC and admit you got something wrong! Here let me show you how you might have approached this one.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Zak Sturge - steady performance at LB since coming on early in the first half. Looks quite speedy. Zak Emmerson, subbed off - didn't get a lot of service; did some decent pressing though.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Seen it reported that Sturge has turned down a contract extension from us and is moving to a club abroad.

Can’t blame him sadly, the path for young English players abroad is an increasingly tempting option.

He looks a real talent but how long will it take him to get ahead of Cucurella, March, Furlong & potentially Cochrane. I’d say the odds of him playing top flight football as a teenager are much higher in Germany than here, even with the effort we’re putting in to our pathway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here