Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Things that scare you that shouldn't

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
I don't mean phobias - yes spiders are tiny and shouldn't worry people but they do so thats that.

no, I mean specific things and why.

The theme tunes to "Tales of the Unexpected" and "Sorry". Both are very happy and jangly BUT they were the last things I could watch before lights out and bedtime.

So suddenly from happy tunes to blackness and silence. it was like being dead. I used to put my head under the duvet as the shadows in my room were sinister.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Queues. Whether that be wimmen - and it's always wimmen - who appear to have discovered extra levels of game play at the cashpoint machine. Or what in the olden days used be a simple airport queue. For most. Til you end up further down the queue from some **** brandishing entire SWATHES of paper. And they NEVER ask these special people to step out of the queue and resolve their special bolleaux somewhere off-queue. They just stop the queue right there, right then, even if they've got a plane to fill.

And... RELAX! :smokin:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Not exactly scared, but ever since I was a kid I can't get to sleep if wardrobe doors are open. Even if just an inch ajar.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Not exactly scared, but ever since I was a kid I can't get to sleep if wardrobe doors are open. Even if just an inch ajar.
For me to get to sleep, all doors and windows in the room have to be fully shut, no exceptions.

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
For me to get to sleep, all doors and windows in the room have to be fully shut, no exceptions.

Not too bothered about other doors and windows. It's the monsters that live in wardrobes I have to keep shut in :lolol: :mad:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Children, dogs, snakes.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I avoid looking in mirrors at night time, they scare me.
And I’m not so sure it’s a scared thing but I loathe, LOATHE men jogging past me. Have done for years. When they get too close. the hot breath, the sweat in the creases on the back of the neck, the huffing and puffing. Euurrrggghhhhh.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Not scared as such, but I'm very prone to loud noises. Balloons popping unexpectedly, jump scares in movies/Plays, will always make me jump.
My missus finds it hilarious. Particularly when we went to see Ghost stories in the West End.
She insists I shrieked like a girl at one point. I maintain it was a dignified acknowledgement of a well-crafted piece of theatre.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
When I used to commute, used to always fear the innocuous-sounding 'ding-dong, could the guard contact the driver'. Was almost always a sign that your train journey was about to turn to shit

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Cyber Men off of Dr Who. Put the fear of christ into me as a child, and still make me feel very uneasy.

My conscious mind says "It's probably a man called Malcolm, a 45 year old jobbing actor from Milton Keynes, dressed up with a badly decorated plastic helmet adorned with some flexi pipe, sweating like mad and finding it awkward to breathe" - but my monkey brain says "Run, you fool - They'll kill you!! :eek:"

cyber6 copy.jpg

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
"Frigolit", apparently called "expanded polystyrene" in English. Not scared in the sense that I think it is going to kill me but I hate the noise when someone touches it, I hate the feeling of touching it and I stay away from it.

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Not scared as such, but I'm very prone to loud noises. Balloons popping unexpectedly, jump scares in movies/Plays, will always make me jump.
My missus finds it hilarious. Particularly when we went to see Ghost stories in the West End.
She insists I shrieked like a girl at one point. I maintain it was a dignified acknowledgement of a well-crafted piece of theatre.

I'm exactly the same. Much to the amusement of various people when it happens.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here