Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Would you rather we were not in the PL?

Would you rather we weren't in the PL?

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Have you had enough and yearn for the "old days"?

There is quite a bit of discontent on here if I am reading NSC emotions correctly, so interested in people's thoughts as to where they'd like us to be

Has the PL lost it's glamour for you?

I am loving being in with the big boys personally

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Nope - love being in the PL.

The only thing about being in the Championship was it was nice to watch us absolutely batter teams.. Knocky ripping down the wing, Bruno lofting him an inch perfect pass from 40 yards, then Glenn bursting the back of the net.. and so on.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
No, but it's not as enjoyable as competing for promotion or playoffs. Of course, there are relegation worries in any division, but a lot of games I'm resigned to getting a draw at best.
Yes, we've had games where we have beaten the top clubs, but they are few and far between.

It's something we have to put up with to be in the PL.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
I miss the old days of the Withdean.

Felt we were treated as supporters rather than customers at times. Seems about sterile at the Amex?

Not to say our current situation isn't bad, though

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
If i thought we'd have a relegation struggle every season, I may have voted for the Championship - but we're getting a squad together now that can move up the table a bit and perhaps challenge for a cup. I want to ride that wave, now that we have worked so hard to get into this situation.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
We need to be in the Premier League. The Championship is great fun if you are a good side in it, but it's a money pit and I'm sure TB is glad to see the back of it. Plus, if you do well in it your reward is to end up back here anyway but starting all over again. If we could guarantee to do a Norwich if we went down and absolutely boss it then that would be good fun for a season but then you don't want to be Premier League Norwich, do you?

But as for enjoying that need? Not sure. Seeing incredible quality players up close, full grounds every week, big sides getting turned over, on the telly for away games? All that is great. Rival clubs owned by nation states spunking over 100 mill on one player, games moving to Sunday lunchtime and Monday night at the drop of a hat, international breaks seemingly every month, fewer games for the same DD money, the absolutely relentless branding and image rights, not being able to pass a ticket to a mate for an odd game, Brighton's only ambition being 16th and 40 points? All these things I could do without.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Can't vote - why didn't yu just use the question in the title rather than fannying about with fancy sub-questions? If I could tick both one and two, I might - yes, I'd rather be in the PL, full stop, not how much I'm loving it or not - it's good to be here, sometimes I'm thrilled, sometimes it's hard work.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
There's pros and cons for both.
Part of me quite wanted the big 6 to **** off to the ESL, because the premier league would become a better championship.
But of course without them, the Premier league money would disappear too.

It's where we need to be, but I preferred Championship matchdays.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I'm not loving it but it's where I want us to be.

Love it when we win, but that's not so often.

Hate the lop-sided money aspect and its effect on results gets worse by the year. At the time of the ESL collapse most NSC'ers predicted a brave new world where ManC, ManU, Spurs and Chelsea would be constrained, there'd be a levelling out.

One transfer window later, they spend big.

Making our chances of beating them more of a long shot.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Not loving it but it's where I want us to be.

If we weren't in the PL we'd be trying to get into the PL - so we may as well stay here. The other choices are being permanently a Championship also-ran club, or a yo-yo club, happy one year, sad the next. Neither of those options appeal to me.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Why are we asking this now? ... We have won 2 out of 3 games and stand 8th in the table . A great start , no good looking back.
We all want the team to win and if you win enough you get promoted. That’s the way it is

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Being in the Premier League is great, no-one ever praises you, no-one even mentions you as there are only 6 teams that matter.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Love being at the top table especially having been through the Gillingham days but struggling regularly does become tiresome. The one positive is that as our wins are fewer and further between they are genuinely more enjoyable. If you were a Man City fan winning almost every week, I bet they forget their last win pretty quickly. I've still got the Tottenham win on my Sky box from 2 years ago that I occasionally turn to. Wins at this this level mean more to me than I suspect fans of other Prem clubs do.

Last edited:

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
the premier league period has been the least enjoyable for me. I'd say I've enjoyed maybe 4 games in 4 and a bit seasons. Hate being in a league with such an obvious glass ceiling

League One is my fave...my ideal scenario would be for us to be generally in League One with occasional trips to the Championship and perhaps a dalliance to the PL to bring in a bit of dosh

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
For the Watford game in the half time queue I was almost in earshot of two fellas who did nothing but moan.

They moaned about the club.
They moaned about Supporters Services.
Naturally they moaned about Barber-out.
Covid moan
One had missed the goal that put us 2-0 up, to make sure he got a pint.
They were jealous of friends who no longer went.

I wasn't close enough to catch every word, I was in the queue for the next till, but parallel for most of it.
Unfortunately they were plenty loud enough esp with no mask blocking their voice!

Actually they weren't moaning I think it's fair to say they hated being there, begging the obvious question...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here