Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Best transfer window ever?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Not as a Brighton fan I know but as a football fan, of that's what Sky Sports Kaveh Solhekol thinks and I'm inclined to agree.

Seeing the two biggest stars of the sport move in incredible transfers that nobody would have believed at the start of the summer. The will he/won't he Harry Kane transfer to Man City saga. Kylian Mbappe almost becoming the record transfer fee again and Jack Grealish becoming Britains first 100m superstar. Not to mention Jason Sancho finally becoming a Man U player and Romelu Lukaku's emotional return to Stamford Bridge.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
A good transfer window according to me is when small, preferably semi-professional or amateur, football clubs recieve good payment for their players. I struggle to think of anything less interesting and anyhing more repulsive than the state of Qatar signing Lionel Messi or clubs splashing £100m on some knob.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
It's truly been one big modern fairytale.

I'm so happy for everyone involved.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
A good transfer window according to me is when small, preferably semi-professional or amateur, football clubs recieve good payment for their players. I struggle to think of anything less interesting and anyhing more repulsive than the state of Qatar signing Lionel Messi or clubs splashing £100m on some knob.

I tend to agree. The Messi move is disappointing - the world's best player has moved to a poor league for money. And to a club with questionable owners.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Very boring one, and not at all exciting. Two very rich clubs bought hugely expensive players for obscene amounts of money, which will make no differencce to the outcomes this season. That was all that was mentioned on the television and radio, apart from occasional one-liners aboutother trivial thgs which didn't matter so much.

Absolute borefest (although very interesting - and pretty good - purely from the Albion point of view, not that it got much mention compared to the chances of somebody getting special dispensation to wear somebody else's shirt)

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It's the best transfer window ever if your only experience of football is playing FIFA on the xbox

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I tend to agree. The Messi move is disappointing - the world's best player has moved to a poor league for money. And to a club with questionable owners.

Yup. Not sure I would call it poor but its not exactly... exciting. Physical, tactical and slow with little room for the best players to show what they're made of since every team got a couple of West African 195 cm bodybuilder midfielders incapable of playing football (because then they would be in PL, Serie A or La Liga) but very capable of stopping others from doing it, while they have some balls-pinching tango mustached 33 year old Laurent (who had definitely been a petty car thief if he wasnt a footballer) in central defense doing nasty leg breaker tackles to stop any type of creative initiative.

Its a pretty good and tough league but technical and creative players normally gets the f out as soon as they can as the style of the league prohibits any kind of eye candy from happening. Bit sad to see a player like Messi ending up there.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
The hysteria surrounding the Kane/Ronaldo/Mbappe moves/non moves is relentless and utterly tiresome.

Yes we love football, but how journos and pundits react to these moves are like pumped up toddlers at a birthday party.

Come on dears, calm down…

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Marvellous all these clubs pleading absolute poverty during lockdown and putting staff on furlough, borrowing huge amounts off the government going out and spend millions.

The Big 6 have shown with their spending, how the need for their closed competition is not needed now or in the future.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

When did Locadia move? ???

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Top bombing Crodo

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Top bombing Crodo

It was 20 years ago Beachy and I was still bemoaning its lack of originality way back then.

I love the CR7 quote “I’m back where I belong”. Do people really suck up such nonsense, he couldn’t wait to get out of NW England all those years ago and return to a Mediterranean climate in Spain. What utter tripe. Like Crodo’s threads, it’s utterly transparent hogwash, back where I belong!

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
It was 20 years ago Beachy and I was still bemoaning its lack of originality way back then.

I love the CR7 quote “I’m back where I belong”. Do people really suck up such nonsense, he couldn’t wait to get out of NW England all those years ago and return to a Mediterranean climate in Spain. What utter tripe. Like Crodo’s threads, it’s utterly transparent hogwash, back where I belong!

And he was more than happy to go to Man City until Fergie stepped in. If he 'belongs' at Utd he wouldn't have considered moving to City.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
I've told you before those channels are not Sky Sports News, now stop it before you go blind.

I dont know what you mean....:lolol:

8FY189bk.jpeg

el punal

Not as a Brighton fan I know but as a football fan, of that's what Sky Sports Kaveh Solhekol thinks and I'm inclined to agree.

Seeing the two biggest stars of the sport move in incredible transfers that nobody would have believed at the start of the summer. The will he/won't he Harry Kane transfer to Man City saga. Kylian Mbappe almost becoming the record transfer fee again and Jack Grealish becoming Britains first 100m superstar. Not to mention Jason Sancho finally becoming a Man U player and Romelu Lukaku's emotional return to Stamford Bridge.

Good old Jason, hope he’s as promising as his brother Jadon. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here