Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hell's Bells - another one's gone on loan!

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Makes sense for his developement. Comes back with league experience. Next step.
Too good for U 23s and not yet ready for 1st squad. Also it would stop the developement of this years U23s if he carried on there

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
It must stack up as a business model to be loaning players out, if 1 in 10 or 20 make the grade and/or get sold on for a profit. It does however 'appear' from the outside to be a bit detached from the reality of improving the first team squad to stay away from the squeaky bum zone. . . although

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
I'm not sure why you are using the comment hells bells. I thought the whole business model now was to develop players with the intention of bringing them into the first team and/or selling them on for a profit. This is just an essential part of that plan.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It must stack up as a business model to be loaning players out, if 1 in 10 or 20 make the grade and/or get sold on for a profit.

£50m for a centre-back who played more times for Newport County than he did for us, and a goalkeeper in the current Spanish squad who featured more times for Rochdale than he has for the Albion suggests there is some merit to our approach.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Only PL club similar method is Chelsea. Think in last year spent about £110m and sold players for £130m. of which £90m plus from academy players. I suppose this is our aim. Of course will only work if we stay in PL

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Only PL club similar method is Chelsea. Think in last year spent about £110m and sold players for £130m. of which £90m plus from academy players. I suppose this is our aim. Of course will only work if we stay in PL

What if every club did it?

???

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Bizarrely this 'news' was embargoed by the club until 23.30 last night. Quite why there would be a media embargo on an U23 going on loan to Scotland is a mystery. Hardly a major hold the back page headline job. All fits in with a transfer window final day that all seemed a little surreal.

More or less greeted with a shrug on the Perth fans forum - they're much more up in arms about their favourite players being sold too cheaply (and it looks as if Dendoncker is going to have to replace one of them, so good luck to the lad!). They seem to have taken the trouble to do a bit of research though ........................

"Sell Kerr for £500k.
Replace Kerr with kid with no senior games who only stepped up to U23 level last season.................

A great window."

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
We need a “B” team in the Championship or League One. Perhaps we should buy Palace

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here