Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Time to back Aaron.....

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I can understand why fans are questioning Aarons ability, even preferring Locadia as an option up front. as I have doubted his ability and lack of goals.

However I feel maybe we are taking our frustrations out on young Aaron unnecessarily, it seems he is taking all the flack for the lack of a recognised striker incoming.
Yes he has not set the world alight ever since his fabulous double against Tottenham, however he does make intelligent runs which are not always seen by team mates. He clearly has a desire to work hard and fight for his place in the first team, that cannot be denied.

He is raw, and maybe the reason he has not gone out on loan is, the coaching staff recognise this and see far more than we do, otherwise I am sure he would have been shipped out.

Time to get behind the young man, and support him, we have one great example of another striker belittled by supporters who is till banging them in, Ashley Barnes....

Let's not make the same mistake..

Nothing worse than groans from fan's when the ball gets played to his feet, that is not going to help build his confidence or help the team for that matter.

He is young, far from home, and willing to prove himself, how many other young expensive talents have fallen or failed to deliver with expensive price tags.
It was not long ago fans were crying out for Brewster...
Brewster or Connolly !!

Connolly all day long..

So come on, he is home grown, and something to be proud of, Let's get behind him folks....

Last edited:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Words of wisdom.

My opinion is that anyone slagging off any 21 year old attempting to prove himself at the highest level in any area - be it sports, art, music, academic studies, love life, fashion, programming or whatever - should take a deep look in the mirror and perhaps head down memory lane.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Indeed, it’s not his fault that we’re asking way too much of him as a club at this stage in his development.

The blame lies in a market were unwilling to risk everything for …. It’s unsustainable for a club like us to roll the dice on a 30 million + astronomical wages Demi God… that and we’re not that an attractive prospect… thus we’re left heaping pressure onto a young lad currently out of his depth and a player with legs made from bread sticks.

As ever, market forces dictate the fate. Ever it was and ever it will be.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
I can understand why fans are questioning Aarons ability, even preferring Locadia as an option up front. as I have doubted his ability and lack of goals.

However I feel maybe we are taking our frustrations out on young Aaron unnecessarily, it seems he is taking all the flack for the lack of a recognised striker incoming.
Yes he has not set the world alight ever since his fabulous double against Tottenham, however he does make intelligent runs which are not always seen by team mates. He clearly has a desire to work hard and fight for his place in the first team, that cannot be denied.

He is raw, and maybe the reason he has not gone out on loan is, the coaching staff recognise this and see far more than we do, otherwise I am sure he would have been shipped out.

Time to get behind the young man, and support him, we have one great example of another striker belittled by supporters who is till banging them in, Ashley Barnes....

Let's not make the same mistake..

Nothing worse than groans from fan's when the ball gets played to his feet, that is not going to help build his confidence or help the team for that matter.

He is young, far from home, and willing to prove himself, how many other young expensive talents have fallen ?B
It was not long ago fans were crying out for Brewster...
Brewster or Connolly !!

Connolly all day long..

So come on Let's get behind him folks....

He's a young lad, who needs some consistent game time more than anything. I'm sure any question marks would quickly disappear if he gets a few games and a few goals, which he's more than capable of doing.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I have always backed him 100% on the pitch and will continue to do so, gets a very hard time of a vocal minority imo.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Actually, it’s not just time to back Connolly, it’s time to back Locadia too.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No flak from me, I just don’t think he has shown anywhere near enough to deserve a place. Loads of potential but he should be out on loan to a Championship team playing most games and building confidence and experience. Way too much pressure on him to be a goal scorer in a team that gives very little support between forwards. He would have buried that Watford chance when he first came on the scene brimming with confidence from his performances in the Under 23s or was it under 21s when he looked the real deal

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Still think he should have gone out on loan (to benefit him, not the 'get rid' type loan that some wanted) - but he's here now and he's got a job to do, so go on son, start knocking 'em in! Oh, and ignore some of the idiots - you're way better than Locadia!

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
No flak from me, I just don’t think he has shown anywhere near enough to deserve a place. Loads of potential but he should be out on loan to a Championship team playing most games and building confidence and experience. Way too much pressure on him to be a goal scorer in a team that gives very little support between forwards. He would have buried that Watford chance when he first came on the scene brimming with confidence from his performances in the Under 23s or was it under 21s when he looked the real deal

Yep… he’s a victim of his initial success and the expectation that came with it and the ‘attention’ too… which allegedly he doesn’t handle well… he’s also, now, a victim of circumstance and that’s the major fault of our sustainable transfer policy and/or lack of ‘pulling’ power.

If GP is a great coach there’s hope and where there’s hope there’s light… but it’s asking an awful lot to expect much more than 5-6 goals out of Aaron in a season, which spells trouble if he’s needed regularly.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

"No flak from me, he just doesnt deserve to play for Brighton". How do you define "flak"? :shrug:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
If he contributes, works hard and keeps his head down then he won't get any criticism from Brighton fans.

If he's constantly in the paper for the wrong reasons and not contributing on the pitch, the fans will make their feelings known.

I wish him all the best.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
"No flak from me, he just doesnt deserve to play for Brighton". How do you define "flak"? :shrug:

The guy is shit, the guy is more interested in his social life, he’s a Barn Door Billy, not fit to wear the shirt, lazy shit, contributes nothing, get shot, I’ll drive him there myself.

I could go on but saying that player is not ready for the first team yet is an opinion and I definitely wouldn’t call that flak :shrug:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
The guy is shit, the guy is more interested in his social life, he’s a Barn Door Billy, not fit to wear the shirt, lazy shit, contributes nothing, get shot, I’ll drive him there myself.

I could go on but saying that player is not ready for the first team yet is an opinion and I definitely wouldn’t call that flak :shrug:
That made me laugh, Icy you’ve grown some balls :thumbsup:

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo

Exactly… currently he’s out of his depth. This might not always be the case, he can improve.

But as a PL starter, which will and has happened it’s just not happening.

Yet.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
It was a good attempt [MENTION=13230]Psychobilly freakout[/MENTION] but appears this is just turning into another round of "of course I will back him if he lives up to my unreasonable expectations, else... you know the drill".

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i'll back any player who goes out and puts a shift in. if they have a bit of a mare though put in the effort, chalk it up as bad day. if they consistently fail to deliver, accept they arent up to standard.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
It was a good attempt [MENTION=13230]Psychobilly freakout[/MENTION] but appears this is just turning into another round of "of course I will back him if he lives up to my unreasonable expectations, else... you know the drill".

I have no expectations either way, although I certainly don’t expect him to develop overnight. Hence my gut feeling he’ll struggle.

All of that said, he’s one of three we need to back and he’ll be given his chances … only he can take them.

Can he?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Really talented natural finisher. Like so many strikers, needs confidence to realise his full potential. We can help with that o match days, or we can get on his back and harm the chances of our own team.

Example - look how well Webster developed at the empty Amex when there weren't 5,000 middle aged men in the West Stand tutting and sighing and grimbling ever time he (occasionally) misplaced an ambitious pass.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here