Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] How far can YOU walk.......

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
Bill Bryson said that in Queensland, Australia it is possible to go over 1,000 miles without crossing a paved road. I dare say it might be flatter and easier terrain than the Scottish one, but I'm not sure I'd fancy carrying food for the whole trip!

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
We did a week this summer in Aboyne, a town just east of the Cairngorms, and were struck by just how empty that area is.

We crossed the national park from one side to the other a couple of times, and it’s a beautiful but also lonely place.

And even around it is surprisingly quiet, especially considering how rammed the likes of Cornwall have been this summer.

Went for a meal one evening in a pub where the chef was once on Professional Masterchef, so it was a quality place, not some godforsaken random ‘American Werewolf in London’ outpost. Left there around 9.30pm, for the 40 minute drive back to the place we were staying in in Aboyne. And we saw ONE other car on the drive back. One car in 40 minutes. Mad that parts of the UK are like that sometimes.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
As well as completing the walk, I'm fairly sure they qualify as the the UKs least popular people to sit next to at a dinner party.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here