Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How HAPPY are you with this transfer window?

How HAPPY are you with this transfer window?

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I assuming the lights are out at the Amex and Lancing now

Me, really disappointed we haven’t got another striker in but really looking forward to seeing Cucurella.

A little concerned about our striker options but I haven’t seen another realistic striker signing in the PL and thought “shit we should have got him”

Scale of 10-1, 10 being ecstatic, 1 being suicidal

AlbionInUs

Oct 11, 2019
US
I’m pretty happy with the players we brought in, given the prices we paid. HOWEVER, it still amazes me that we bought a CM, a position we were well stocked in, but not a striker.

I’m happy with the outgoings though; we got a good fee for Ben White, we got rid of deadwood, and we found quality loans for a lot of our young players.

Last edited:

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
now we have another left back

the temp left back Moder can play higher up pitch

got good strength and a decent shot on him, and doubt will fall over very often looking for a foul either

Antonio at West Ham never started his career as a number nine either

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Bissouma

That is all

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I assuming the lights are out at the Amex and Lancing now

Me, really disappointed we haven’t got another striker in but really looking forward to seeing Cucurella.

A little concerned about our striker options but I haven’t seen another realistic striker signing in the PL and thought “shit we should have got him”

Scale of 10-1, 10 being ecstatic, 1 being suicidal

Where's the hit man option ???

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

I don't think we have enough to push on from where we were last season, which I think is a shame.

Keeping Bissouma almost guarantees our survival.
Cuccurella/Mwepu look like interesting signings.

The loans of Zeqirir/Andone/Karbownik have disappointed me.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Mission complete - the hilariously bloated squad is now on a sane level which should help everyone at the club - training sessions will be more normal, each player can get more individual coaching, not a lot of unhappy faces lurking around, Tony Bloom probably wont have to take £66m out of his wallet to cover deficits... lots of problems have been solved.

Happy with the signings and (even more so) keeping Bissouma, never thought it would happen.

Would have liked to see another attacking player of some sort but more out of luxuary than necessity, no one important has left.

Verdict: not very exciting but pretty good.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005

Mission complete - the hilariously bloated squad is now on a sane level which should help everyone at the club - training sessions will be more normal, each player can get more individual coaching, not a lot of unhappy faces lurking around, Tony Bloom probably wont have to take £66m out of his wallet to cover deficits... lots of problems have been solved.

Happy with the signings and (even more so) keeping Bissouma, never thought it would happen.

Would have liked to see another attacking player of some sort but more out of luxuary than necessity, no one important has left.

Verdict: not very exciting but pretty good.

I get the feeling the White deal may have saved Biss. Fingers crossed.
Still thinking there may be a loan incoming? Probably not though.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Voted 4 based on everything staying as-is. Can't vote higher with a front three of Welbeck, Maupay and Connolly.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

We had one position we had to fill as the top priority. We failed.

Still, a few hours left…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Very hard to score. Ecstatic at the outgoings. Which is a new one on me.
Really think we could've done with one or two more coming in though (for the first team squad NOT u23s).
Right now, even though we had a huge squad and needed to cull, we look an injury or two away from looking very thin on the ground.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Outgoing okay. Delighted if we keep Bissouma. Think it’s insane to rely on one injury prone/one hotheaded/and one immature striker.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Very light on proven goal scorers. Yes, more options for attacking midfielders as Moder, March and Richards ( now that we have a proper LWB) are added to that list but that doesn't seem our issue. In many respects why buy Mwepu? When is Alzate going to be used and what about Caicedo. We seem to have a lop sided squad with too many midfielders and not enough strikers. Great that Biss is staying but I don't think that is due to us being proactive, just more down to the fact that thebig 6 seem to think there's value elsewhere.
We could have saved the money on Mwepu who on first sight looks nothing like a Biss replacement, saved the money on Sima ( when we have Zeqiri showing promise) , saved the money on the Dutch keeper, and put the £25m-£30m on the one position where it's bleeding obvious we need an addition.
Cucurella seems an excellent signing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here