Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So here's the plan...

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
...per the successful 'Ben White / Leeds business model':

1. Pick teams in the top half of the Championship table.
2. Loan them our brightest prospects.
3. Help get them promoted.
4. Take our players back and sell them to Arsenal for £50m a piece.

West Brom
Matt Clarke
Jason Molumby*

Stoke
Leo Ostigard
Abdallah Sima

Blackburn
Jan Paul van Hecke
Reda Khadra

*loan with option to buy

Joking aside (or, half-joking, because I think this may be an intentional strategy) I'm going to be very interested in the Championship this year.
Lots of talented Albion players to keep an eye on.

Last edited:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

Joking aside (or, half-joking, because I think this may be an intentional strategy) I'm going to be very interested in the Championship this year.

Not as much as we all will be next season*

I don't really think that. It was an open goal. I had to.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021

4. Take our players*back and sell them to Arsenal for £50m a piece.

West Brom
Matt Clarke
Jason Molumby*

Stoke
Leo Ostigard
Abdallah Sima

Blackburn
Jan Paul van Hecke
Reda Khadra

*loan with option to buy

The Ben White/Leeds model did rely on the pleasant but gullible manager of a dysfunctional club run by billionaires trying to buy popularity in the most scattergun way I can remember, buying into ridiculous quantities of the "Marcelo Bielsa is a Yoda-like genius, everything he touches turns to gold" myth.

Be difficult to get £50m like that every summer

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The Ben White/Leeds model did rely on the pleasant but gullible manager of a dysfunctional club run by billionaires trying to buy popularity in the most scattergun way I can remember, buying into ridiculous quantities of the "Marcelo Bielsa is a Yoda-like genius, everything he touches turns to gold" myth.

Be difficult to get £50m like that every summer

They have just bought Daniel James. I know that some (ok, bw2) will use this to trigger another cry of YOY haventweboughtastriker? But James is a crap crosser and wouldn't add to our squad. He won't add much to Leeds either, which is nice.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
They have just bought Daniel James. I know that some (ok, bw2) will use this to trigger another cry of YOY haventweboughtastriker? But James is a crap crosser and wouldn't add to our squad. He won't add much to Leeds either, which is nice.

FFS. Read my James comment then say something that reflects what I actually said. Unbelievable.

Seriously you should apologise, but no doubt you won’t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

4. Take our players back and sell them to Arsenal for £50m a piece.

West Brom
Matt Clarke
Jason Molumby*

Stoke
Leo Ostigard
Abdallah Sima

Blackburn
Jan Paul van Hecke
Reda Khadra

*loan with option to buy

Hull
Ryan Longman.

The Official Loanee Tracker thread will be a fascinating place this season. Think it would be a good idea to make it a sticky - might stop people starting new threads every time one of ur loanees scores, or starts, or gets dropped, sent off, etc.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Hull
Ryan Longman.

The Official Loanee Tracker thread will be a fascinating place this season. Think it would be a good idea to make it a sticky - might stop people starting new threads every time one of ur loanees scores, or starts, or gets dropped, sent off, etc.

Not a bad idea. It's fascinating this year. With the lads up in Scotland too, and Zeqiri in Germany.

So many players in good teams to keep me interested in a lot of football!

Although, I must admit I feel a bit disappointed that Karbownik's loan has an option to buy.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not a bad idea. It's fascinating this year. With the lads up in Scotland too, and Zeqiri in Germany.

So many players in good teams to keep me interested in a lot of football!

Although, I must admit I feel a bit disappointed that Karbownik's loan has an option to buy.
I suggested it to Bozza last season, but he wasn't keen, I've just PM'd him to see if he'd like to change his mind now we've got so many more out there. We'll see!

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea

James was good enough at Swansea to earn a move to Man Utd. Do you really look at our XI last Saturday, which had all the pace of an arthritic tortoise, and still think he wouldn’t have added to the squad? I do think Leeds have paid a big price, but he’ll do well there I think.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Plan B buy White back when Arsenal are relegated, cheap due to sell on clause, then sell him to Leeds....and repeat

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
James was good enough at Swansea to earn a move to Man Utd. Do you really look at our XI last Saturday, which had all the pace of an arthritic tortoise, and still think he wouldn’t have added to the squad? I do think Leeds have paid a big price, but he’ll do well there I think.

I can see him running about. I can see him eventually learning how to cross the ball to a team mate with the occasionally successful outcome. I can see him fitting into the Gung Ho gang at Leeds, where effort and running about are there to compensate for the intrinsic second rate quality across the squad. He certainly isn't what we need for that sort of money (let's not forget the salary on top of the transfer fee). Potter had him at Swansea and if he rated him we would have been in there like a shot.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

As someone who was overtook an Arthritic tortoise whilst walking the other day, I'd take issue with that statement.

'paraplegic terrapin with its legs stapled together' maybe . . . .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here