NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
It's been the year of the fruit fly this year, loads of the buggers

and slugs in the garden.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'm no Miyagi, but i find it quite easy to clap my hands and squash such a small flappy bugger in mid-air. What i dislike about fruit flies is that the second one is pounded an identical clone fuit fly appears, hovering and drunkenly swaying like a moron.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Little ********, zoom around in front of your face but won't hang around to be squished between your hands. :angry:

We have these at home after picking fruit from allotment.
Best method is to try and kill them with a piece of fruit, like an apple or something similar.
Works for us.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
Take a small glass, put a splash of red wine in, cover the glass with cling film, puncture the cling film with a few small holes (fork would do it)

Over the next few days the flies will find the wine, fly in through the holes but won't fly back out and will eventually drown in there.

You can use vinegar instead of wine if you have it handy. You can also add a drop of dish soap. It'll break the surface tension and cause them to sink leading to a quicker drowning.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Used to get them in the bathroom (probably my fault - I had houseplants in there). This year I have a venus fly-trap in there. It's doing very nicely - and I have no fruit flies .................

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Time Flies like an arrow, Fruit Flies like a Banana.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here