Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A Thread full of better Strikers Than Neil Maupay who have moved in this transfer window

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Surely the thread should be about better strikers than Connolly as that’s who we need an upgrade on.

Some on here will disagree. They think he needs more time or a loan spell.

I think I’ve seen enough to feel he isn’t going to make the grade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like Maupay but come on there are some good strikers around, will be annoying if Palace do pick up that Celtic guy

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Can you imagine how good Neal Maupay would be in some posters eyes if he hadn't signed for Brighton and gone somewhere like Villa or Palace instead? Or how shit they would think any of the strikes listed above would be if they had signed for Brighton instead...

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Can you imagine how good Neal Maupay would be in some posters eyes if he hadn't signed for Brighton and gone somewhere like Villa or Palace instead? Or how shit they would think any of the strikes listed above would be if they had signed for Brighton instead...

Agree. 2 goals in two and half game so far this season. Perhaps we should try backing him? :shrug:

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton

I don't mind Maupay the issue is we don't really have another credible striker who will be available to play a full part in the season.

Welbeck will be a wild card again this season if he goes injury free for long enough and gets sharp we may get what we did last season but this is again an if and we should really have two players of Maupay 's level to share the goal scoring burden.

If we had two forwards capable of scoring 8-12 goals with Welbeck as a back up I would be more than happy.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
A new striker doesn't need to be better than Maupay. They need to be better than "no striker", which is a position we've left ourselves exposed to. That means any striker who isn't Locadia would be in play.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here