Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Wrexham v Notts County

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Watching it on BT, not sure how many lights they have but it’s very dark.

Commentator while speaking about the new electronic advertising around the ground, being bought from the FA having been at Wembley, he mentioned that they were also getting a scoreboard from Brighton. Have we replaced ours ? I know they’ve changed the style of match day information but I thought they were the same screen.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Watching it on BT, not sure how many lights they have but it’s very dark.

Commentator while speaking about the new electronic advertising around the ground, being bought from the FA having been at Wembley, he mentioned that they were also getting a scoreboard from Brighton. Have we replaced ours ? I know they’ve changed the style of match day information but I thought they were the same screen.

I read that they were new scoreboards, not sure why as same as old ones but with an annoying layout!

el punal

It'll be the old Goldstone letters board with A 1-1B 0-1 and you only knew the teams if you purchased a program.

I’m afraid you’ve got that wrong. In those dark days of non-technology, scrimping and saving, make do and mend, the club had this wonderful labour saving policy of using as few numbers as possible. So, using your example, the club official would only use one number to indicate if a score was level at halftime. Thus :
A 1-1 would become A 1, and so on. Apart from cracking the Enigma code as a bonus the club were f***ed if a halftime score happened to be 5-4.

I read bedtime stories to insomniacs if anyone requires my services. :drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here