Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Willian

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Well done that man!

Just torn up a £20M contract because it isn't working out at Arsenal (where apparantly Arteta had persuaded him he wanted to build a team around him) and he wants to go home and pay for Corinthians.
OK, so he's trousered £20M from Arsenal from last season, and lord knows how much from previous contracts - but how good to see a footballer deciding it's about the football, not so much the money. Even accepting a 70% pay cut, he'll still be getting an income that's eye-watering to us, but maybe it'll send out a message to some of his fellow top class pros ................
'You've earned a fortune, you'll never need to work again, you love playing football, and in two or three years time you won't be able to do it any more - so why not just go and offer your services to a club you want to play for - maybe your boyhood club. Never mind the money - they'll still pay you something - so just go and enjoy - and let them enjoy you.'

I hopefully await the next to footballer doing this decent thing. Sadly, I suspect I'll have a long wait! Nonetheless, well done Willian - and good luck.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well done that man!

Done what? I heard he is a free agent. Has he joined the Sisters of Mercy?

Edit: no Corinthians.

What am I missing here?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Done what? I heard he is a free agent. Has he joined the Sisters of Mercy?

Edit: no Corinthians.

What am I missing here?

Has agreed to cancel the remaining 2 years on his alleged £240,000 a week Arsenal deal, no pay off etc. Saving Arsenal £20 million and apparently taking a 75% pay cut to join Corinthians.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Has agreed to cancel the remaining 2 years on his alleged £240,000 a week Arsenal deal, no pay off etc. Saving Arsenal £20 million and apparently taking a 75% pay cut to join Corinthians.

He must really hate The Arse to do that.

There you go Dibley, there's a way out for you after all.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

I love a bit of information. And that's information.

The cynic in me wonders if we have an extradition treaty with Brazil.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You have to give Him a lot of credit , not many footballers not even very wealthy ones would willingly give up £20m .

The first time I went to Brazil was almost exactly 30 years ago. I was met at the airport by my host, a young scientists doing well. We drove from the airport past cardboard ghettos by the side of the motorway. Soon after we saw a man, stark bollock naked, striding purposefully along the verge between opposing traffic lanes. We hit town and my companion drove through a red light. 'We never stop here; some idiot will pull a gun on you and steal the car'. The parting comment, when we reached our destination was 'This is a ****about country full of ****about people'.

Twenty million left on my salary? Nah, you're OK mate :thumbsup:

:facepalm:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
The first time I went to Brazil was almost exactly 30 years ago. I was met at the airport by my host, a young scientists doing well. We drove from the airport past cardboard ghettos by the side of the motorway. Soon after we saw a man, stark bollock naked, striding purposefully along the verge between opposing traffic lanes. We hit town and my companion drove through a red light. 'We never stop here; some idiot will pull a gun on you and steal the car'. The parting comment, when we reached our destination was 'This is a ****about country full of ****about people'.

Twenty million left on my salary? Nah, you're OK mate :thumbsup:

:facepalm:

My mum always wanted to go to Rio De Janeiro Brazil before she died but never made it - The reason she wanted to go was because she said it looked beautiful from the ship that Bette Davis and Claude Raines sailed into in the 1942 Hollywood film ''Now Voyager''

I did tell her that it was probably filmed in a ''film studio'' in Los Angeles in the US and what she saw was more than likely just a photograph in the background - She was having none of that and said '' Please don't ruin my teenage dreams ''

Sadly she never got to Rio De Janeiro in her lifetime ; however after she passed away in 2008 - I got hold of her Pensioners Bus Pass and sent it to the British Consulate in Rio explaining my mothers dream and about 3 months later got a letter back with my Mum's Bus Pass and a photo of Rio De Janeiro letting me know that my mother had now indeed visited Rio.

It was a lovely letter which I keep in a nice box with my mothers bus pass and if I ever see the film ''Now Voyager'' on these old movie channels I always try and watch it, even if it is really dated and full of '' over acting ''

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here