Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] LV County Championship Division Three - Worcestershire v Sussex

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Two quick ones after lunch not what the doctor ordered.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
We have limped to 259-9 at the close, are we just fulfilling our fixtures and going through the motions now as a County ?

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
We have limped to 259-9 at the close, are we just fulfilling our fixtures and going through the motions now as a County ?

I’d rather dress it up as a young side showing good fight to get themselves back into the game. Terrific counter attacking knock from Carson.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I’d rather dress it up as a young side showing good fight to get themselves back into the game. Terrific counter attacking knock from Carson.

Yes, its amazing how many teams win matches after being 138-7 .

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Some decent knocks from young players: Orr, Ibrahim, Lenham and (especially) Carson have shown a bit of fight.
Anyone know why Garton isn't playing? Is he the next one out of the door?

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Some decent knocks from young players: Orr, Ibrahim, Lenham and (especially) Carson have shown a bit of fight.

Garton to Surrey.
They give us Jade Dernbach.
(Possibly)

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Utter embarrassment of a line up. Totally unacceptable to be honest.

But, all credit to the young lads involved, for showing some spirit.

(Carson to Surrey within 12 months...)

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter

Signed up for the IPL and they probably don’t want him injured

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Utter embarrassment of a line up. Totally unacceptable to be honest.

But, all credit to the young lads involved, for showing some spirit.

(Carson to Surrey within 12 months...)
Totally agree, the club have seemingly given up on the CC and its all about the t20 for the management.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
So the club which won so much in the last 20 years is now basically a development squad operation for other teams, where players are coached for years and then go somewhere else when they reach their peak, there is no proper first team, and no supporters protest or do anything about it? One of the richest counties in the country? Don't get it. My stepdad was a life member, his ashes are buried in the outfield, I am not a huge cricket fan but take an interest, seems like the club is run by clueless, spineless idiots to me these days

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
So the club which won so much in the last 20 years is now basically a development squad operation for other teams, where players are coached for years and then go somewhere else when they reach their peak, there is no proper first team, and no supporters protest or do anything about it? One of the richest counties in the country? Don't get it. My stepdad was a life member, his ashes are buried in the outfield, I am not a huge cricket fan but take an interest, seems like the club is run by clueless, spineless idiots to me these days

Don’t always agree with you but yes, spot on 😁

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

No offence, but if you’re labouring under the impression that Sussex are ‘one of the richest counties’, then you’re not taking a very close interest. In short, the non-Test hosting counties are simply unable to compete with the Test counties.

Edit. Sorry, I guess you might have meant Sussex the actual county, rather than the cricket club? That might be true, but in this context scarcely relevant.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Sussex are trying to balance the books. Simple as really. Perhaps I'm in a minority, but the Championship has been great this year. Really good to see the progress of this team.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Shropshire are a feeder county to Worcester and I'm very proud to announce that Dillon Pennington was one of my Shrops County u13 lads a few years back.
Bowled with a lick of pace and first junior I ever saw to pull off the front foot - great lad ...

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto

I presume to avoid any risk of injury prior to the Blast final and IPL. Plus may as well see what the likes of Sarro and Crocombe have before the end of the season.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
CC isn’t the money making machine that T20 and the hundred is, it’s why we’re so crap at test cricket, we don’t breed players for the long game anymore. I give it 10 years at this current rate and counties will be folding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

If the Albion were back in League One with the best players not being able to get out of the door quick enough and the club playing the youth team in League matches .... Well it would take a special kind of optimist to see that glass as being anything other than nearly empty. (But hey, we had a good Cup run so that's ok).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here