Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] How Maupay stomping on Bernd Leno caused the biggest butterfly effect in football history

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
1u4inltoqbk71.jpg

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Interesting idea

Although, I think the link between Messi moving to PSG and Argentina winning the Copa America is tenuous at best.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Stomping...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MbM2_G_--k

More like living on the same planet. Leno was very unlucky.

Interesting idea

Although, I think the link between Messi moving to PSG and Argentina winning the Copa America is tenuous at best.

Yup, true that.

But what sort of compensates is all the other consequences. Leno never regaining the same form, forcing Arsenal to look for very expensive backup/challenger keepers. Guendouzi getting excluded from Arsenals training sessions and games, forcing them to invest in players like Thomas Partey, meaning Atletico was left with a better balance in midfielded allowing them to win the league... and making it very difficult for Arsenal to splash another £50m on a midfielder (Bissouma) a year later, instead opting to spend it on their defense.

Maupay the genius.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Interesting idea

Tenuous is generous. He accepted Barca’s contract offer but Barca couldn’t get it through because of FFP. The links up to Argentina winning the Copa America do make sense.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
It starts as complete bollocks and doesn't really pick up from there.

Messi leaving Barca because he won the Copa America making no sense at all

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Such an storm this challenge made. It wasn't even a foul they both went for the ball and Maupay challenged him while they were both in the air. I thought at the time what a pillock and wet sock that arsenal goalie was.....Banks, Clemence, Shilton would have brushed Maupay away.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Putting aside the fact that the original starting point didn't happen and that a few of the interpretations of consequences are questionable, tenuous or just obviously wrong, wouldn't the final outcome have to a bit more significant than some players in the twilight of their careers moving from one super rich club to another for it to be considered as 'football history'? Messi leaving Barca might matter to their fans, but it doesn't really compare with things like a world cup qualifier being used as the excuse for Honduras and El Salvador to go to war with each other.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here