Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Bighton Marathon 12 September 2021 - Volunteers Required

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The Brighton Marathon is going ahead in a couple of weeks time over the weekend of 11-12 September. This is delayed from the usual slot in April for obvious reasons.

In order to run a safe and efficient event, we need more volunteers for many jobs around the course.

If you are able to offer some time for this fantastic event in our city, please sign up via the website on the following link :
https://brightonmarathonweekend.co.uk/volunteer-signup/

If you want an easy(ish) time or just want to meet me, please volunteer for Course Team, Zone 1 (the course team roles are quite a way down the first page and right at the bottom of the registration page).
You'll get a free hoodie just for turning up!
If you want to ask any questions on here before committing, I'll try to answer as clearly as I can.

I know there will be a large contingent of NSC members running again this year. I'm sure they'd all appreciate any volunteers making sure the only thing they need to worry about is themselves and their enjoyment of the day. I've been on both sides and can assure you that volunteering is a great way of being involved in this fantastic event without having to run 26 miles! We are on our feet for a long time, though.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
The Brighton Marathon is going ahead in a couple of weeks time over the weekend of 11-12 September. This is delayed from the usual slot in April for obvious reasons.

In order to run a safe and efficient event, we need more volunteers for many jobs around the course.

If you are able to offer some time for this fantastic event in our city, please sign up via the website on the following link :

If you want an easy(ish) time or just want to meet me, please volunteer for Course Team, Zone 1 (the course team roles are quite a way down the first page and right at the bottom of the registration page).
If you want to ask any questions on here before committing, I'll try to answer as clearly as I can.

I know there will be a large contingent of NSC members running again this year. I'm sure they'd all appreciate any volunteers making sure the only thing they need to worry about is themselves and their enjoyment of the day. I've been on both sides and can assure you that volunteering is a great way of being involved in this fantastic event without having to run 26 miles! We are on our feet for a long time, though.

First of all thanks [MENTION=260]sully[/MENTION] for volunteering yourself.

I’m running this year but marshalled last time and can highly recommend it. You get to see every runner go by - twice if you get a good place. This year you’ll get a lie in as well I guess as the bike race has been cancelled.

I was amazed when I was also told up to a third of volunteers simply don’t turn up on the day.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
First of all thanks [MENTION=260]sully[/MENTION] for volunteering yourself.

I ran the first three, so I know how important the volunteers are!

I’m running this year but marshalled last time and can highly recommend it. You get to see every runner go by - twice if you get a good place. This year you’ll get a lie in as well I guess as the bike race has been cancelled.

Sadly, the road closure times haven't changed, so I don't get a lie in, but we've pushed back the time for volunteers to turn up in my Zone. It's still early, though!

I was amazed when I was also told up to a third of volunteers simply don’t turn up on the day.

I'm surprised it's that low. We hardly had any volunteers turn up in 2019 for my zone and had to borrow some from the start team in the park.

…. Thank you so much to the volunteers. Without you the race wouldn’t happen! I have run all 10 Brighton Marathons & will be doing so this year as well, but I promise I will help out when injured/older.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here