Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pie Availability

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
In East Stand upper half the bars were shut and there was a half an hour queue to get a drink . Hopefully a one off ,

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
In our 1901 mansell mctaggart lounge pies ran out at 13:45, when Paul Barber came through the lounge he was asked why no pies, he said it was a meat shortage issue??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
In our 1901 mansell mctaggart lounge pies ran out at 13:45, when Paul Barber came through the lounge he was asked why no pies, he said it was a meat shortage issue??

Who ate all the pies
Who ate all the pies
Not the vegans
Not the veggies
Who ate all the pies

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Yes, this is what has prompted my question.
If there was availability elsewhere, just wondering why it is an issue?

I also heard we hadn’t ordered enough from someone, as we hadn’t sold many vs Watford.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
The world has gone mad. Is this football as we know it? Is this even football anymore?

:lolol:

(Advance apols OTM btw)

Meanwhile in Afghanistan...

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
But the pie hype continues :whistle:

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/19539450.7-500-pies-eaten-last-weekend-brighton-beat-watford-amex/

Apologies for the link to the Argus…..more adverts than actual “news” :annoyed:

2528D352-5DD1-494E-A3FA-984A80D2D5BC.jpeg

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Chicken Balti pie was excellent……..when we eventually got them. Asked for two, server puts two veggie pies in front of me. Told her they were the wrong ones and repeated we wanted the guest pie, she didn’t know what that was. I pointed to the helpful and clear ‘guest pie’ sign on the cabinet about a yard behind her. :)

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
In East Stand upper half the bars were shut and there was a half an hour queue to get a drink . Hopefully a one off ,

The mobile bars + small kiosk in the North are shut also.

I assumed that along with the TVs it's a futile attempt to stop people congregating on the concourse. If it is it's not working!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The mobile bars + small kiosk in the North are shut also.

I assumed that along with the TVs it's a futile attempt to stop people congregating on the concourse. If it is it's not working!

Staffing issues more like……it’s the same in hospitality everywhere. Hopefully be better once the Uni students arrive in the next couple of weeks.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Chicken Balti pie was excellent……..when we eventually got them. Asked for two, server puts two veggie pies in front of me. Told her they were the wrong ones and repeated we wanted the guest pie, she didn’t know what that was. I pointed to the helpful and clear ‘guest pie’ sign on the cabinet about a yard behind her. :)

It’s a difficult job without the correct training :)

I don’t eat at the Amex, but the last time I bought a pie was about 3 years ago and I didn’t realise I had been given the wrong pie until I took a bite, I’m not sure what was in this pie but it definitely wasn’t the veggie pie I asked for. :annoyed:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
2C82A2BE-46CE-4995-9B11-7A6968CDCDE7.jpeg

From the Argus comments.

If the Chicken Balti is so popular maybe they should sell it as a regular pie rather than a guest pie.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
We had plenty of pies in the East Upper. I'd go as far as to say we had 100's of pies. In a new tactic the caterers have introduced a covid protection screen that comes down between the till and the customers, thus protecting the staff from non mask wearing fans. Problem with this 'screen' is that we cant be heard and the staff are unable to pass out the pies. Another area had the shutter, I mean protective screen, up and so the 4 staff could pass out the pies but in order to help the fans keep fit and active, they done so at a very slow speed, thus saving many fans their £10.
Yes, the East Upper was a complete shambles with queues of over 40 minutes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here