Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Car park occupancy

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Saw a few comments last week that suggested that despite selling out, both university and bridge car parks had a lot of empty space in them.

Wandering past the bridge after the game today, it appeared as though it had only been about 50% full, give or take - the whole lower half of the car park seemed to only have a few cars in it.

Were both car parks not full once again?

crabtree seagull

Nov 7, 2007
Getting out of the Bridge car park is so much easier now.
Took us 5 minutes today when it used to take about 45.
From what I can work out, it seems the club are selling around half the spaces to fans and the rest are being used for staff parking.
Staff are leaving a long time after fans, so worked a treat today.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I can confirm that the uni car park was also no where near full. Hard to estimate % but we were out in virtually no time after the game, no queue out and it looked half empty when we arrived about an hour before kick off.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
From what I can work out, it seems the club are selling around half the spaces to fans and the rest are being used for staff parking.

Not sure that marries up with my observation of a lot of empty spaces shortly after the end of the game.

(Glad it's quicker to escape though!)

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Assuming a lot of pre booked spaces are ‘occupied’ by no shows. Or rather, those pinged by the Covid NHS app.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Parked in the top section and took 5 minutes to get out, only due to a few hundred fans walking through the tunnel

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Assuming the cars displaced from Bennett’s Field aren’t showing up so spaces being left empty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

I noticed this last week. When we left after the Watford game, one hour after the final whistle, the lower half of the car park was almost full still with only a few gaps. The top half was virtually empty. I realised as you had, that staff were parking there. It was weird as well, stewards were extremely prescriptive about where we parked and actually directed us to individual spots in the upper part of the car park, several at a time who were quite frankly a bit over the top. Due that we left the ground half an hour after the final whistle yesterday and the only thing that held us up were the lights after the tunnel as prats kept blocking the road towards Brighton when our lights were green. I think the staff were allowed to park wherever they liked as there were fewer in the bottom part this week and we were also not directed at all to a spot.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Not sure that marries up with my observation of a lot of empty spaces shortly after the end of the game.

(Glad it's quicker to escape though!)

That was also our observation last week (didn’t go yesterday). The difference this year seems to be that the middle section of the Bridge car park is completely empty. Also, that can’t be no shows as mentioned because there is not even one car in that middle section. A lot fewer cars means no delays.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
That was also our observation last week (didn’t go yesterday). The difference this year seems to be that the middle section of the Bridge car park is completely empty. Also, that can’t be no shows as mentioned because there is not even one car in that middle section. A lot fewer cars means no delays.

The middle section was not completely empty yesterday. The stewards were not directing anyone this week.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The fact that no one else has commented on the Sussex Uni parking shows how empty it was!!

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Don’t the 1901 people get an allocated car parking space whether they use it or not? My guess is the Uni is allocated enough spaces for 1901 but a lot probably don’t use them meaning empty spaces

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Saw a few comments last week that suggested that despite selling out, both university and bridge car parks had a lot of empty space in them.

Wandering past the bridge after the game today, it appeared as though it had only been about 50% full, give or take - the whole lower half of the car park seemed to only have a few cars in it.

Were both car parks not full once again?

Bridge definitely had more vehicles in it than last week which was less than half full

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Decided to give up on the allocated parking as the club have shown no loyalty to fans having had a parking ticket for the last 10 years. Now we drive to my son’s place in Hove, get a 7 seater pre booked cab to car park 5, picked up at 5:15pm, or 30 mins after final whistle, £54 round trip, jobs a good’un and the club can do one.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I've also walked past a half-empty Bridge car park twice in two weeks. Both times about an hour before kick off. My guess is the reduced number of cars is probably pro-rata for reduced attendance those past two matches. A missing 2 ton chunk of metal is bound to have a more visible impact than the equivalent number of missing bums on seats

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here