Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The band/artist you never saw, never will, and regret the most because of it

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
For me, it's the ones I saw but can't remember seeing. No, this is not a senior moment, nor is it an admission that I was stoned at festivals I went to 50 years ago (I wasn't). I genuinely have no recollection of seeing them - and that goes back years. Probably just because back then, three days of sitting, lying, sleeping and (if I was lucky) occasionally eating and fornicating in a field, only left the highlights remain in my music mad memory.
So, whose set would I like to relive to remember actually being there and watching? Jefferson Airplane at Bath Festival (the precursor of Glastonbury) in 1970, Moody Blues at the Isle of Wight, also 1970 - those two would probably do!
Bands I never saw that I wish I had seen? Beatles, Small Faces, Quicksilver Messenger Service, Grateful Dead, Velvet Underground with Lou Reed (seen Lou Reed solo tour, and the Doug Yule version of the Velvets, but not the originals together); Kursaal Flyers and The Records; The Adverts and The Ruts; Joe Jackson; Genesis in their pomp while they were still good ........ I'll stop there!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Bob Marley & the Wailers.
I didn’t see them when they played the Brighton Centre, probably didn’t have the money as I was still at school.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
But even a quick google will tell you that Paddy McAloon is still going strong - so you could.

My brain immediately went to Joy Division as I was too young to get into gigs when Ian Curtis died (and likely was bopping to awful stuff on TOTP).

Paddy has been ill on and off for ages. That original band will never play live again. The guitarist is one of the few (along with Mahavishnu) I've never been able to play along with and sessionistas won't work. Paddy's voice won't be the same. Nah, it isn't happening. :down:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
For me, it's the ones I saw but can't remember seeing. No, this is not a senior moment, nor is it an admission that I was stoned at festivals I went to 50 years ago (I wasn't). I genuinely have no recollection of seeing them - and that goes back years. Probably just because back then, three days of sitting, lying, sleeping and (if I was lucky) occasionally eating and fornicating in a field, only left the highlights remain in my music mad memory.
So, whose set would I like to relive to remember actually being there and watching? Jefferson Airplane at Bath Festival (the precursor of Glastonbury) in 1970, Moody Blues at the Isle of Wight, also 1970 - those two would probably do!
Bands I never saw that I wish I had seen? Beatles, Small Faces, Quicksilver Messenger Service, Grateful Dead, Velvet Underground with Lou Reed (seen Lou Reed solo tour, and the Doug Yule version of the Velvets, but not the originals together); Kursaal Flyers and The Records; The Adverts and The Ruts; Joe Jackson; Genesis in their pomp while they were still good ........ I'll stop there!

Good post. Diary of Dreams were supporting Assemblage 23 in Inslington 20 years ago and I'd not heard of them so I stayed in the bar waiting patiently for Tom Shear and pals to hit the stage :facepalm: I have all DOD's releases now and....(twaaaaat!)

Of the above the ones I highlight I have seen live, all in their pomp :thumbsup:

(My ex wife saw Hendrix at Altamont, and my pal Bob the social worker saw the Beatles at the Cavern maybe 25 times (and Little Richard at Port Sunlight, and the Stones, and....the (old) b'stard!)). :rock:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Talking heads

I wonder which era TH you mean. Saw them supporting the Romones at the Roundhouse circa 77. They were a bit annoying and very ignorable. Then I saw them again in around 85 in Vancouver, when Byrne had the oversized suit, and they were absolutely stunning.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have seen most bands I’ve want to see but regret never seeing The Clash. And to a lesser extent Daft Punk.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here