Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mill Road Park and Ride

Bansko Seagull

Bansko Seagull
May 6, 2009
Worthing, West Sussex
We used the Mill Road park and ride for the first time today for about 4 seasons. It was a very efficient way to travel to the Amex. We stayed for a drink after to let the queues die down and we were pleasantly surprised to only wait a few minutes for the bus back. However, the bus got stuck in the traffic jam in Mill Road and it took a long time to get out of Mill Road. Is this usual or was there an incident that caused the traffic jam?

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We used the Mill Road park and ride for the first time today for about 4 seasons. It was a very efficient way to travel to the Amex. We stayed for a drink after to let the queues die down and we were pleasantly surprised to only wait a few minutes for the bus back. However, the bus got stuck in the traffic jam in Mill Road and it took a long time to get out of Mill Road. Is this usual or was there an incident that caused the traffic jam?

That’s how it works and necessarily gets worse the farther away from final whistle, hundreds of cars and the odd bus waiting for general traffic to let them out at a busy roundabout.

Leaving at or before final whistle, would’ve given you a far, far shorter queue of cars.

But not this late ….. spooky. Something to do with the Roswell installation in the Southwick Tunnel?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Today I did a train to Brighton (arriving 12.15). Minced down to Churchuill Sq, picked up a paper and some betting slips on the way. Commandeered a table in the Prince of Wales in time for the Man City game, had a couple of pints, put the bets on at half time. Considered a yomp back up to the station, but there was a No29 bus sat there at 13.45, so I jumped on board that instead, and was supping another pint in the WSU concourse by 2.25.

It might take a bit longer on a bus, but stone the crows, its a lot more relaxed and civilised. Sit down, pop the headphones in, jobs a goodun. I'm a bus CONVERT

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
We left on 90 mins when the board went up for 5 mins additional time.
We were getting on the bus as the final whistle blew. We got dropped at Zone C in Mill Road and was back in Bognor at 6pm.

If there is at least a two goal margin on 90 mins I make a dash for it. I reckon it can save me about an hour.
Bad fan maybe, but I get to have dinner with my family.

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
It's a downfall of the Mill Road site that the buses have to use the same entrance and exit as the cars. I think the race course has separate entrance and exit for the buses so you get away quicker after games. Not sure if the Lewes Road Uni P&R is still in use but that is also better.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Thinking of doing Mill Rd Park & Ride today. Can I park my car on Woodland Dr or Ave and then just walk to the P&R site and hop on a bus? Also, wondering what time the buses start heading towards the Amex for an 8pm kick off? Cheers!

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Thinking of doing Mill Rd Park & Ride today. Can I park my car on Woodland Dr or Ave and then just walk to the P&R site and hop on a bus? Also, wondering what time the buses start heading towards the Amex for an 8pm kick off? Cheers!
Yes you can, or even around the top end of Valley drive if you can find a spot. Ther buses stop at the top junction with Mill Road and the Dyke Rd roundabout. Get there from 6pm onwards.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Yes you can park in other nearby roads although for some reason some get upset if not parking in Mill Rd. I think from about 5 30

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here