Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Southern trains rant

flint

Jul 9, 2003
eastbourne
Today we had Southern at their absolute worst.
Trains from and to Eastbourne 4 coaches
Trains to and from Seaford 8 coaches
Are they mad?
Seaford trains half empty and Eastbourne trains rammed.

Also people not allowed on to platform at Falmer even though plenty of space on train
This must be sorted for future home games
I am also emailing the Club as they are supposed to be paying for this lack of service on our behalf

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Are they mad?

Also people not allowed on to platform at Falmer even though plenty of space on train
I am also emailing the Club as they are supposed to be paying for this lack of service on our behalf

Try using them to try to get to work on a daily basis :censored:

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
Agree, Southern in "normal" covid times running 8 coaches throughout week to space passengers. Football season starts and revert back to 4 carriages, the EB 13. 40 rammed prior to reaching Polegate. Return 17.09 4 coaches, front coach leaves half empty. Also Brighton Bus No12 not aware of new season tickets on phone both on way and back from match....

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Another weekend another level of ‘high staff sickness’ (shock) didn’t help

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
That's some of the worst I've seen eastbound trains, particularly for a 3pm kickoff - coupled with our inept performance my mood was pretty gloomy.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Not sure what was going on westbound from Brighton but a huge queue stretching way outside the station up to the lights. Never seen it anywhere near so long!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Are they mad?

I came from Seaford and it was a 4 car train on the way in and a 3 car train on the way back. The train in front on the way in (which I just missed) was also 4 car. On the way in it was jammed by Newhaven

Same last weekend .... hacked off tbh

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Another weekend another level of ‘high staff sickness’ (shock) didn’t help

Quite oddly the day after the Euro final was possibly the biggest cluster****
They were advertising the day before that there would be multiple disruptions / cancellations Due to covid related staff shortages

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
I would struggle with getting all my plumbing tools on a train, your advice is shite. :)

The OP is right, not fun being near the front of the queue to the station and seeing the Seaford train leaving with empty seats.

I just depends on what useless fat controller happens to be in charge of the train set that day
But yes I have felt that frustration on the odd occasion trying to leave the stadium as well

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
I would struggle with getting all my plumbing tools on a train, your advice is shite. :)

The OP is right, not fun being near the front of the queue to the station and seeing the Seaford train leaving with empty seats.

I doubt many plumb / pipe centres would be conveniently located close to a station to enable you to pop out for the parts I need to do the job :wink::lolol:

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Train from Lancing cancelled, due to no train crew.

Next one, the display says it's a 4 coach train and "normally standing room only"

If you know that, how about putting some extra coaches on.
Fcking basic surely. Simple fooking obvious to do.
I need to hear the honest reason why this can't be done

Surely if a Saturday train is standing room there is an opportunity to increase customer satisfaction not fook them off with pathetic comms

Southern Fail week after f00king week

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The staff must’ve all had Covid multiple times over the last 18 months.

Great day for sunbathing didn’t help.

The same increase in staff sickness levels as when England were in the Euros semis & finals [emoji849]

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The same increase in staff sickness levels as when England were in the Euros semis & finals [emoji849]

Someone in my family, who works in the public sector, has had three fortnights off since March 2020 suffering with non-Long Covid. I’m not joking. In reality, not once. No questions asked by colleagues/managers. Very relaxed attitude by all concerned.

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The staff must’ve all had Covid multiple times over the last 18 months.

Great day for sunbathing didn’t help.

Yep, back to normal includes train staff pulling the ladder up at the first possible opportunity.

These people hate you.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Funny how nothing works when we lose!!!

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
We lose and there’s a huge deluge for the train. The NS concourse was rammed with drinkers last Saturday, and this week, you guessed it, it was fairly quiet.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Agree, Southern in "normal" covid times running 8 coaches throughout week to space passengers. Football season starts and revert back to 4 carriages, the EB 13. 40 rammed prior to reaching Polegate. Return 17.09 4 coaches, front coach leaves half empty. Also Brighton Bus No12 not aware of new season tickets on phone both on way and back from match....

We caught the 12 from North Street last week, and had no problem with showing our phones to the driver.

The Seaford trains were only 4 carriages last week too. We arrived that way, so made the decision to go home via the 49, and then the 12.

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
On top of the useless trains can anyone give a sensible reason why the club aren’t showing anything on the screens after the game? Absolutely ridiculous decision, and very annoying.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here