Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Specials on Saturday night, Roll call....

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
It'll be a great night. Not ideal for those off to Silverstone on Sunday though.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Come on folks, who else has a ticket for the sold out show at the Doom....

This could be a perfect day, three points from Everton, and a good shindig....

Can't wait, taking the daughter and wife, should be fun, but wish I was down the front though....

This is my fav....

https://youtu.be/P2df30y9sMQ

Am I missing something?
They’re playing Margate Sat & Brighton Centre on 4 Sept…aren’t they?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Missed them yet again.

I think I'm destined never to see this band live. They'll all be dead by the time I get round to it ... or I will be.

Am I missing something?
They’re playing Margate Sat & Brighton Centre on 4 Sept…aren’t they?

Aye aye aye, aye,aye,aye……..Monkey Man you can see them.

https://www.viagogo.co.uk/Concert-Tickets/Alternative-and-Indie/The-Specials-Tickets

http://www.alttickets.com/the-specials-tickets/brighton-brighton-centre/2021-09-04-19-00

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I am really broke but managed to get a ticket for The Specials Resident outstore. where they are playing Chalk on 3rd October.

I have spent my sparse spare money on a Brentford away ticket and will buy a Palace away one on Tuesday hopefully, but will have to miss the T20 Final, my first missed Sussex CC Final of my adult life.

I have tickets for Idles, Squid, Tim Burgess and Confidence Man coming up and have seen The Lovely Eggs and Shirley Collins recently so I cannot complain

However they are one of my most seen bands live and they are always brilliant shows and cracking atmospheres.

The cheapest ticket I can find on a resale at the moment is £45 so I may get lucky and some may drop to half that price, if so I will be there at the front on Saturday.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
I am really broke but managed to get a ticket for The Specials Resident outstore. where they are playing Chalk on 3rd October.

I have spent my sparse spare money on a Brentford away ticket and will buy a Palace away one on Tuesday hopefully, but will have to miss the T20 Final, my first missed Sussex CC Final of my adult life.

I have tickets for Idles, Squid, Tim Burgess and Confidence Man coming up and have seen The Lovely Eggs and Shirley Collins recently so I cannot complain

However they are one of my most seen bands live and they are always brilliant shows and cracking atmospheres.

The cheapest ticket I can find on a resale at the moment is £45 so I may get lucky and some may drop to half that price, if so I will be there at the front on Saturday.

You may be financially hard up, but you have a very rich cultural and social life! wonderful stuff

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
You may be financially hard up, but you have a very rich cultural and social life! wonderful stuff

Yes I cannot complain had/have about 18 tickets from pre pandemic, only Fontaines D.C and The Lovely Eggs have clashed on the rescheduled dates so far.

I will keep my eye on twitter and places like here, I have given tickets away for free before or sold them cheap so it may happen, if not I will see them in October.

We all have the Everton game as well so as you say It's not like I am missing out :rock::bhasign:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I have Tickets for the Roundhouse on September 24th, carried over from who knows when

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Missed them yet again.

I think I'm destined never to see this band live. They'll all be dead by the time I get round to it ... or I will be.

How many times have I said this but last month I finally envisioned seeing the Rolling Stones..................................now Charlie Watts (only 80) dies. So the "real" Rolling Stones I will never see.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Ha your right, so stupid, I am a week early...... :eek:

My head is Jelly at the moment, sorry folks.

:mad:

Thats good for me an extra week to see if a ticket appears at a lower price.

Looks like there are still tickets to see them at Chalk in October as well, you can get a limited version CD/album and ticket from £20 or just a ticket for £16

It's a stripped back set of their protest songs covers, it will be great to see them in a small venue.

https://www.resident-music.com/productdetails&product_id=82520

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Thats good for me an extra week to see if a ticket appears at a lower price.

Looks like there are still tickets to see them at Chalk in October as well, you can get a limited version CD/album and ticket from £20 or just a ticket for £16

It's a stripped back set of their protest songs covers, it will be great to see them in a small venue.

https://www.resident-music.com/productdetails&product_id=82520

Ah !!!

The Chalk, that reminds me, I have tickets from last year carried over to Friday 3rd Sept for King Kurt, The Polecats & Long Tall Texans....
Could be a long weekend with that next Friday and the Specials on Saturday :rock:punk::whisky::mad:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Come on folks, who else has a ticket for the sold out show at the Doom....

This could be a perfect day, three points from Everton, and a good shindig....

Can't wait, taking the daughter and wife, should be fun, but wish I was down the front though....

This is my fav....

https://youtu.be/P2df30y9sMQ

The Doom? The Dome?
They’re playing BC on the 4th. Best get an usher to take you in or you might end up on the Crazy Mouse at the end of the pier :)

Enjoy!

Last edited:

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Yep, tomorrow week the 4th. Can not wait. First saw them in 1980.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
I am no die hard fan and havent seen them before and so didnt have any massive expectations about last night. But the Centre was sold out, the Specials were absolutely fantastic and it was great to see/hear 5000 people singing along (unlike the Amex! :jester:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here