Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Advice needed for Everton game

Boycee

Jan 16, 2004
Oop north
It’s been a long time since I made it to a 3pm home game, what with living up North. We need to be back at Brighton station for 18.09 London train…. a bit worried about getting on a train in the mad rush at Falmer after the match. Will I have enough time?
Thanks in advance for help

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
It’s been a long time since I made it to a 3pm home game, what with living up North. We need to be back at Brighton station for 18.09 London train…. a bit worried about getting on a train in the mad rush at Falmer after the match. Will I have enough time?

In my experience of having to rush back up to Kent by train sometimes, there's only two ways of guaranteeing
getting to Btn station by 6'ish. Either leave ~5-10 minutes before the end of the match or book a cab to pick up in the
area just after the match. Neither easy or without pain, but I guess it depends how desperate you are to get your
train.

Boycee

Jan 16, 2004
Oop north
In my experience of having to rush back up to Kent by train sometimes, there's only two ways of guaranteeing
getting to Btn station by 6'ish. Either leave ~5-10 minutes before the end of the match or book a cab to pick up in the
area just after the match. Neither easy or without pain, but I guess it depends how desperate you are to get your
train.

Thanks for that, I’ll book a taxi. Don’t want to have to leave before end of the game

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Just had a quick look and there's seven trains that will get you back to Brighton station for 6pm starting from the one that leaves Falmer at 16:50. Though you can never fully trust the trains not to screw up on the day, you'd have to be pretty unlucky not to make your 18:09 train IMHO. If you look to be cutting it fine, maybe spend the train journey back to Brighton checking the National Rail live departures so you know which platform you need to be aiming for when you get there. Sometimes if you're lucky the Falmer train pulls in right next to the London-bound train. Good luck!

Boycee

Jan 16, 2004
Oop north
Just had a quick look and there's seven trains that will get you back to Brighton station for 6pm starting from the one that leaves Falmer at 16:50. Though you can never fully trust the trains not to screw up on the day, you'd have to be pretty unlucky not to make your train IMHO. If you look to be cutting it fine, maybe spend the train journey back to Brighton checking the National Rail live departures so you know which platform you need to be aiming for when you get there. Sometimes if you're lucky the Falmer train pulls in right next to the London-bound train. Good luck!

Thanks!

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
THPP is spot-on. You would probably make it by six and agreed. You probably would.

But I found the grief you go through in that long queue ain't worth it. For a one-off
I'd just bite the bullet and taxi it. You can also pick up some beers (if that's your
inclination) at M&S at the station, since a cab will probably get you there by 5.30'ish.

Not that I'm encouraging you to drink of course. ;)

Boycee

Jan 16, 2004
Oop north
THPP is spot-on. You would probably make it by six and agreed. You probably would.

But I found the grief you go through in that long queue ain't worth it. For a one-off
I'd just bite the bullet and taxi it. You can also pick up some beers (if that's your
inclination) at M&S at the station, since a cab will probably get you there by 5.30'ish.

Not that I'm encouraging you to drink of course. ;)

Yep, it’s a close call but I think I’ve made my decision… where is a good cab pick up point?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Normally for a 15:00 KO, we leave on the final whistle and catch the 17:22 back to Brighton - we are WSU

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Yep, it’s a close call but I think I’ve made my decision… where is a good cab pick up point?

The taxi firms have specific places they'll pick up. Talk to them about pick-up places etc. I used to pick up on the Lewes road where the buses
stop, but the police stopped that a while back.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Thanks for that, I’ll book a taxi. Don’t want to have to leave before end of the game

We left on 78 minutes last Saturday. First time we hadn’t stayed to the end of a game since the 90s. Our reason was Covid. I have to say it was a bit of a revelation. There were very few others leaving at that time and avoiding the post match crush was a big positive. However we didn’t miss anything as the game was already won. Not sure I would have the same attitude in other circumstances.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Might depend on where you are in the ground. I'm at the northern end and, even though I stay until the final whistle, I always manage to get to Brighton in time for the 17-36 to St Pancras, so getting there for 6 should be easy.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I'm being picked up by my wife after the game (I normally p&r or park in Lewes). Any tips on where she could wait gratefully received. I'm assuming she won't get anywhere close to the Amex. I was thinking get the P&R back to mill road might be best?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I'm being picked up by my wife after the game (I normally p&r or park in Lewes). Any tips on where she could wait gratefully received. I'm assuming she won't get anywhere close to the Amex. I was thinking get the P&R back to mill road might be best?

I would suggest the Keep just before you go into Bridge Street car park

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I am coming down from Warwick on Saturday and will do the usual mill lane (or whatever it is called now) park and ride. Did this fill up really fast on Saturday?

My lad has been asking if the 12.30 kick off is available to watch anywhere at the ground. I assume due to covid they won’t be showing it in concourse etc. Is that correct?

Thanks

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I am coming down from Warwick on Saturday and will do the usual mill lane (or whatever it is called now) park and ride. Did this fill up really fast on Saturday?

My lad has been asking if the 12.30 kick off is available to watch anywhere at the ground. I assume due to covid they won’t be showing it in concourse etc. Is that correct?

Thanks

Dick's Bar usually show the early game. Get there early doors for a seat :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here