Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Gillingham FC has to cancel Whitney Houston tribute night due to international football

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Means Priestfield Stadium will be available if TB buys into the pressure of overspending (with all its potential consequences). Good to have that safety net.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Here's a good quiz question: What's the connection between Whitney Houston and Kent? Harry Wilson's Tackle probably knows this, wonder if anyone else does

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Here's a good quiz question: What's the connection between Whitney Houston and Kent? Harry Wilson's Tackle probably knows this, wonder if anyone else does

whitney-houston-kent-pace.jpg

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

They are both on his ignore list? :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

I'm not a fan. I find vulnerable women who acquire the limelight (e.g., Monroe, Garland) somewhat disconcerting.

(that's another way of saying 'damn, I don't know the link - let's pretend I don't care').

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Gillingham FC has to cancel Whitney Houston tribute night due to international football

Gillingham seems like an odd choice of location for a Whitney Houston tribute night. Having said that, I suppose Bath was always out of the running?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'm not a fan. I find vulnerable women who acquire the limelight (e.g., Monroe, Garland) somewhat disconcerting.

(that's another way of saying 'damn, I don't know the link - let's pretend I don't care').

I felt certain you'd know this.

The answer is that her first recording was as a guest vocalist for Material and the song was by Kent's finest band - Soft Machine

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010

The Answer is Clarke.

Houstons middle name was Clarke. When she was conceived, the old boy didn't take his shoes off hence the name. Clarke Kent was obviously Batman.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I felt certain you'd know this.

The answer is that her first recording was as a guest vocalist for Material and the song was by Kent's finest band - Soft Machine

Ah! I see.

I like Soft Machine, and I saw the second (instrumental) version play at Hove Town Hall in around 1974, but I prefer Wyatt solo, Matching Mole, Hatfield and the North, Richard Sinclair, and a band I've seen live probably 20 times: Caravan :love:.

A little obscure but similar, where did Canadian songbird Sarah McLachlan, make her recording debut? Name of band will suffice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here