Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Alex Polizzi - Alfriston Star

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
My sister was the receptionist there through the ‘80’s. Turned up once with 30 Italian students I was looking after, who all cheered and danced when she came out to say hello.
The place certainly needed a major refurb. I think it’s good and the receptionist thinks not good.

Do you know the story of this?
FFF6F2DA-F64B-42E8-A108-367BA8F1A33F.jpeg

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Excellent :thumbsup:
I used to frequent the local youth hostel way back, when cycling around Sussex as a yoof.

The place was a bit of a shambles back then, if you saw the first episode you could see the poor condition of the buildings.

Apart from the traffic I really like the village of Alfriston.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
My sister was the receptionist there through the ‘80’s. Turned up once with 30 Italian students I was looking after, who all cheered and danced when she came out to say hello.
The place certainly needed a major refurb. I think it’s good and the receptionist thinks not good.

Do you know the story of this?
View attachment 139787

I remember being told its something to do with a Dutch shipwreck ???

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
My connection to the Star is an odd one, and it will always remain in my heart and memories...

I was 19, my friend's next door neighbour was a 25 year old, married, very pretty and very petite blonde - and she tagged along one night up the pier (Roxy) in Eastbourne. We got talking, she got flirty, that was that.

Next morning I get a phone call (she'd begged him for my number) from her saying she's actually divorcing her husband and can we meet so she can explain all.

We decided to meet at the Star in Alfriston as it was miles from her house (Normans Bay) and was quiet. I made it quite clear she was married, so I wasn't interested - but I'd go along.

We sat in a quiet corner, away from everyone, then after about an hour of deep conversation an old lady walked over to us and said "May I just say what an absolutely beautiful couple you make! You look so perfect together.."

6 Months later we were living with each other and madly in love. 4 years after that I left her as she was deranged.

Moral of the story - Don't listen to relationship advice from random people in the Star at Alfriston. Just enjoy your pint. ???:drink:

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
The place was a bit of a shambles back then, if you saw the first episode you could see the poor condition of the buildings.

Apart from the traffic I really like the village of Alfriston.

How odd, I can't stand the place. We stayed there once, house-sitting for a friend and found the pubs rather snooty and the people a bit up themselves.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
My connection to the Star is an odd one, and it will always remain in my heart and memories...

I was 19, my friend's next door neighbour was a 25 year old, married, very pretty and very petite blonde - and she tagged along one night up the pier (Roxy) in Eastbourne. We got talking, she got flirty, that was that.

Next morning I get a phone call (she'd begged him for my number) from her saying she's actually divorcing her husband and can we meet so she can explain all.

We decided to meet at the Star in Alfriston as it was miles from her house (Normans Bay) and was quiet. I made it quite clear she was married, so I wasn't interested - but I'd go along.

We sat in a quiet corner, away from everyone, then after about an hour of deep conversation an old lady walked over to us and said "May I just say what an absolutely beautiful couple you make! You look so perfect together.."

6 Months later we were living with each other and madly in love. 4 years after that I left her as she was deranged.

Moral of the story - Don't listen to relationship advice from random people in the Star at Alfriston. Just enjoy your pint. ???:drink:

That's put me on a right downer for even for a Friday. Thanks for sharing.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
We went on a Ghost Walk round Alfriston 20 odd years ago and I think that is the pub that you can ring the bell in the bar and get a free night's accommodation. The only downside is that next day, you need to walk barefoot to Newhaven and leave the country for good.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
We went on a Ghost Walk round Alfriston 20 odd years ago and I think that is the pub that you can ring the bell in the bar and get a free night's accommodation. The only downside is that next day, you need to walk barefoot to Newhaven and leave the country for good.

They let you back in then :lolol:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
How odd, I can't stand the place. We stayed there once, house-sitting for a friend and found the pubs rather snooty and the people a bit up themselves.

I’m snooty and up myself so I fit in well :)

I’ve worked in several houses in the village and found the people fine, only been in pubs for a quick drink or lunch when I’ve been on a walk.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton

One of the best posts on here for ages. Wonderful and what a twist. :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here