Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] advice buying an adapter to read an 2006 era HD

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I have several sick hard drives from 1998-2007 that have the same 40 (two rows of 20)-8 (2 rows of 4)-4 (thicker) pin docking arrangement. For example one is a Seagate model ST340015A.I have tried to find what I need on t'internet but I can't tell which docking station or adapter to buy.

If anyone can advise me on a adapter or docking station or whatever (with a usb at t'other end) to buy I'd be a happy man.

Cheers, HWT

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
What you have there is conventional IDE or "parallel ATA", but the majority of adapters do all three of it, the newer SATA and the older laptop version of IDE.

The one linked above is perfect, you will probably find something near identical on eBay cheaper but not necessarily quicker.

The first pic doesn't show but it does have the power cable required to connect to the Molex connector (the four thick pins)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What you have there is conventional IDE or "parallel ATA", but the majority of adapters do all three of it, the newer SATA and the older laptop version of IDE.

The one linked above is perfect, you will probably find something near identical on eBay cheaper but not necessarily quicker.

The first pic doesn't show but it does have the power cable required to connect to the Molex connector (the four thick pins)

Thanks. Yes I looked at the pics and there are cables and connectors that map to the pins on the HDs. Brilliant :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here