Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Google Pay help wanted

Coalburner

May 22, 2017
I am a complete idiot with matters technical, and need someone to answer a query for me.
My wife ans I are both season ticket holders and use android phones to keep our season tickets on. I have just looked at mine for the Everton game and the fixture is shown as ENU. On my wife's phone fixture is reading Albion v Everton, which is, I'm sure what mine showed yesterday. Is this just a glitch, can I get into the ground with it like that, or is there something I should be doing to get it to read "Albion v Everton"? Any help and advice would be much appreciated.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I am a complete idiot with matters technical, and need someone to answer a query for me.
My wife ans I are both season ticket holders and use android phones to keep our season tickets on. I have just looked at mine for the Everton game and the fixture is shown as ENU. On my wife's phone fixture is reading Albion v Everton, which is, I'm sure what mine showed yesterday. Is this just a glitch, can I get into the ground with it like that, or is there something I should be doing to get it to read "Albion v Everton"? Any help and advice would be much appreciated.

Mine says 'WN1' under 'fixture' - the other details (if you click 'details' below the fixture pass you'll see them) are fine so I'm not going to worry about it. I've got 2 ST guest tickets on my phone for the game and they show the full details. Under 'details', the 'WN1' is shown as the 'TS' (near the bottom), whatever that is.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
You don’t need to do anything just keep your phone turned in and connected to data or/and wifi. Updates get pushed out by the ticketing system provider so us ticket holders don’t need to do anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
You don’t need to do anything just keep your phone turned in and connected to data or/and wifi. Updates get pushed out by the ticketing system provider so us ticket holders don’t need to do anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the nice theory but currently for a lot of us on android and IOS it's not dynamically updating and the Watford ticket is still showing. Customer services are currently working on it.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Hiya. I'm in the same boat as you. My Google Pay season pass (android phone, chrome browser) correctly said EVERTON for the next fixture. That was on Monday. Now the next fixture says NE. I raised it with supporter services this morning. They in turn have raised it with their software suppliers. I'll post on here if/when it gets fixed. But in the interim, worry not. Like I say, we're in the same boat, probably many others are also, and I'm pretty sure the club won't let us miss out on the game. Cheers

Seaview Seagull

NSC Patron
Mar 1, 2021
Yep, mine has also changed today from "Everton" to
"WN3"! I'm sure the barcode /NFC will still be active as when I click on 'details' it confirms the ticket is for Everton.

Mine is the same but Everton in details so am guessing all is well. If not it's going to be a mess on Saturday!

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Mine is the same but Everton in details so am guessing all is well. If not it's going to be a mess on Saturday!

They will need to pull their finger out between now & Saturday particularly when you add in the delays for them supposedly checking covid and ID. Last weekend they checked neither going into the upper west entrance at the back.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

I'm thinking that the QR code is probably just a machine-readable version of what's on the details page, so fingers crossed we'll all be ok. Might get there a bit early tho, just to be on the safe side

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here