Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Kabul Explosion Being Reported Near Airport

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
The explosion has occurred at the Abbey gate entrance where British troops are based.

The Taliban are laughing at the west and US, there will be complete carnage when we are all finally out.
Blair & Bush and the intertwined war machine and industries will have more blood on their hands to add to the countless lives lost on all sides and for what.... Nothing other than make a few men very rich....

Sick of politics and religion.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The credible threat of this happening was known to both US and UK security forces this morning. Source - Radio 4 Today programme. People were warned to leave the airport area.

I guess knowing it will happen and stopping it are different things.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
The credible threat of this happening was known to both US and UK security forces this morning. Source - Radio 4 Today programme. People were warned to leave the airport area.

With the threat coming from IS, not the Taliban.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Will that poor benighted country never be at peace? Don't think it ever has been, really. Always seems that there are some people there who want to kill people - whether they be the British, the Russians, the Americans, and if none of these are available, other Afghans they don't agree with. Or just anybody. So sad.

Last edited:

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Is that the excuse the US needs to roll back in and kick the taliban back into touch?
That's the problem, they will go back into hiding like they did for the last 20 years..

...then appear again when they are leaving..

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Is that the excuse the US needs to roll back in and kick the taliban back into touch?

Never going to happen.

They just want to get as many people safely out, and get themselves out, in the next few days.

You do wonder how the last flight (or few flights) get out safely because as soon as the troops securing the airport get on a plane to get the hell out of there, there's no-one left to ensure that plane(s) gets off the ground.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Blair & Bush and the intertwined war machine and industries will have more blood on their hands to add to the countless lives lost on all sides and for what.... Nothing other than make a few men very rich....

"In 2000 I went to Afghanistan. Before Blair and Bush showed up, it was a happy place. They had flowering meadows and rainbow skies, and rivers made of chocolate, where the children danced and laughed and played with gumdrop smiles."

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

It's almost as if they knew when it was going to happen...

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
The explosion has occurred at the Abbey gate entrance where British troops are based.

The Taliban are laughing at the west and US, there will be complete carnage when we are all finally out.

Sick of politics and religion.

You forgot to mention Biden who has caused all of this!! But I guess that doesn't fit in with your left wing politics. Going back to Blair and Bush is a complete deflection of the trouble Biden has caused. Life had improved for most, the west only had to keep a few thousand troops in there...maybe for another 50 years but that would have been better than just walking out on a developing country and leave them to the Taliban.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Bravo Joe and all involved

Didn't Trump arrange for the release of a bunch of Taliban from prison?

What should have happened? The Afghan Army gave up without even a fight despite outnumbering the Taliban by 3:1. We've been in there 20 years, spent 10 years training them up - what more can we do other than UK/US being in there forever to 'police' it ? Afghanistan is a very complex country made up of many different tribes rather than a single country. The West tried to rebuild it as a single unified country which would never have worked

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
That's the problem, they will go back into hiding like they did for the last 20 years..

...then appear again when they are leaving..

Utter ******** aren't they. I feel awful for the Afghan people. It's unimaginable.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
You forgot to mention Biden who has caused all of this!! But I guess that doesn't fit in with your left wing politics. Going back to Blair and Bush is a complete deflection of the trouble Biden has caused. Life had improved for most, the west only had to keep a few thousand troops in there...maybe for another 50 years but that would have been better than just walking out on a developing country and leave them to the Taliban.

Yes because Trump will have dealt with this situation in a modest and calm way, and the outcome would have been so much better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here