Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] England: White OUT, Bamford IN, Lingard BACK

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
That's what happens if you move to a struggling relegation-threatened club I guess...

[tweet]1430877721287184392[/tweet]

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I can’t believe Coady and Mings are still in there even though they’ve both made awful starts to the season. Also, I’m not sure what Bamford has done to justify his selection.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It's a relief that it's no longer our job to moan about White's absence, but Dunk / Webster must be close.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I can’t believe Coady and Mings are still in there even though they’ve both made awful starts to the season.

After his success at the Euros, I'd expect Southgate to pick the squad purely on reputation now. He probably will only attend Villa park for the rest of the season.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
I can’t believe Coady and Mings are still in there even though they’ve both made awful starts to the season.

Mings had a strong international summer - would have been shocked to have seen him dropped.

Coady has been a consistent England pick, thought Wolves have started the season okay against 2 very decent sides.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Mings had a strong international summer - would have been shocked to have seen him dropped.

Coady has been a consistent England pick, thought Wolves have started the season okay against 2 very decent sides.

Mings was awful against Watford and got away with a terrible mistake against Newcastle when Wilson missed a sitter.

The Wolves fans hate Coady and he was culpable for Leicester’s goal.

Neither of them are even close to being international standard.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I can’t believe Coady and Mings are still in there even though they’ve both made awful starts to the season. Also, I’m not sure what Bamford has done to justify his selection.

Second highest scoring Englishman after Kane last season, be a bit rude to not include him again.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Mings was awful against Watford and got away with a terrible mistake against Newcastle when Wilson missed a sitter.

The Wolves fans hate Coady and he was culpable for Leicester’s goal.

Neither of them are even close to being international standard.

To be fair to Mings, Tagartt put in a performance so bad that Mings was playing part centre-back part full-back. But I'm not here to defend Mings, although in the group stage Euro 2020 I thought he was excellent...so there I have defended him.

I have no idea what Wolves fans think of Coady. I don't think this first international break is every really picked on 2 PL games is it? It is generally picked on how last season finished. I've always thought he's done very well in that Wolves side. But then again, can't say I've ever really watched them that closely other than when we play them.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
And Lingard hasn't played at all for United apparently.

Sorry, he's played 4 minutes; they must have been 4 impressive minutes.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
There's a couple of oddities, but nothing ridiculous. There does seem to be a couple rewarded for good 2020/21 seasons (Lingard/Bamford) rather than present form. Ings is 29 and, for me, won't get much of a look in as this is about planning for a WC in 2022.

White is out with COVID so may well have been ruled out on account of that. Mings is a player that Southgate likes and trusts and he hasn't really let him down either. Coady continues to be the only one that really stands out as not at the right level. Maybe the next squad when White is available again, that's when the transition happens.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
could be just me but i think an international break 3 games into the season "in these difficult times" is a crock of shit.

It's always been the same tho. Season starts in August then stops/starts constantly. Only really gets going in November. Then the games come thick n fast

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
There's a couple of oddities, but nothing ridiculous. There does seem to be a couple rewarded for good 2020/21 seasons (Lingard/Bamford) rather than present form. Ings is 29 and, for me, won't get much of a look in as this is about planning for a WC in 2022.

White is out with COVID so may well have been ruled out on account of that. Mings is a player that Southgate likes and trusts and he hasn't really let him down either. Coady continues to be the only one that really stands out as not at the right level. Maybe the next squad when White is available again, that's when the transition happens.

Lingard was pony for the last 6 games , as soon as i put him im my dream team in fact...:rolleyes:

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Lingard was pony for the last 6 games , as soon as i put him im my dream team in fact...:rolleyes:

Yeah that'll do it. It's why I've not gone anywhere near Maupay. I want him scoring goals and the moment he goes in my FT, he loses his shooting boots

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here