Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Good Old Sussex by the sea

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
[TWEET]1430850258922180620[/TWEET]

Brilliant tweet from the club. Brings chills to the spine - look at Maupay, MacAllister and March in particular and compare with Watford players. What a difference a crowd makes.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The first Sussex By The Sea of the season.

I'm having a customary shite day at work and this has been my only high point.

[tweet]1430850258922180620[/tweet]

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Loved that thanks for posting.

I must admit to being a little overwhelmed being able to belt that out again with my son. Love the look on Maupays face whilst chatting to Biss

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Buzzing for Satdee already. Should be a cracking game.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
wow ! sounds great , thanks for post
on a side note did anybody see if the words were put up on the screens as i was too busy singing to notice and judging by that i don't think we need them anymore:amex:

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
That was great, I have to say that was the first time I’ve seen NW doing GOSBTS and it’s epic..

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Blimey, people singing the verse, and the right words (stand or fall) in the chorus. And no massive speeding up once the music dropped out! Well done everyone!

Brighton Rocker

Jul 16, 2011
TN 21
wow ! sounds great , thanks for post
on a side note did anybody see if the words were put up on the screens as i was too busy singing to notice and judging by that i don't think we need them anymore:amex:

I don’t think the words were on the screen but was fantastic without.
At the Goldstone we used to have the silver band on the pitch playing it before kickoff.
Back in the Withdean days Block H knew the words.
When we moved to the Amex there were song sheets handed round in the North Stand.
I suggested to the Club that they put the words on the screen although some on here thought the away fans would take the piss as we don’t know the words to our song (which most didn’t).
Whenever I sing it (which I often do when out cycling) I think of my great uncle who was in the Sussex Yeomanry during WW1.

Sue1983

Aug 15, 2018
Goosebumps here too. I admit I had a little tear in my eye on Saturday singing this, it was soooooooooooo good to be back :amex:

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Corporate, big money, karaoke rubbish in my eyes.
I like football without war connotations.
Cos we’re going up to win the cup etc etc.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Corporate, big money, karaoke rubbish in my eyes.
I like football without war connotations.
Cos we’re going up to win the cup etc etc.

Which means in theory, if we get away ties in the cup and get knocked out, we can’t sing it for a whole season :mad:

It got bastardised as a cup song, it annoys me when the cup version gets sung at a league game….

Stand or Fall all day long.

Saturday was special first time back with a full house, I had a lump in my throat, and a tear in my eye.

dstanman

Jul 1, 2011
So which over clubs rivals GOSBTS as the players come out. The only other I can think of is Liverpool, but are there others

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here