Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Gerry Rafferty's long-awaited posthumous Rest in Blue album to be released on 3 September

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Hard to believe one of the greatest singer songwriters ever died over a decade ago. His posthumous album 'Rest in Blue' will be his 11th studio album and will be released a week tomorrow. The 14-track project has been completed by his daughter Martha, and features artwork from his friend and longtime collaborator John Byrne.

Musicians who feature on the new album include ex-Dire Straits player Alan Clark on piano and Hammond organ, backing vocalist Katie Kissoon, and guitarist Hugh Burns.

The lead single 'Slow Down' is co-produced and mixed by Tambala

Although he will be forever linked to 'Baker Street' my favourite has always been 'Right Down the Line'

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Thanks for this. City To City is still one of my favourite albums, and Night Owl isn't too shabby either (although Bob Holness doesn't grace THAT one with his sax work... :wink: )

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
[SUB][/SUB]Random fact, he used to be in a band/duo with Billy Connolly

The Humblebums album was weird, more or less two separate solo albums stuck together. Connolly and GR had little in common but the duo advanced both their careers.

Personally I love the 'Can I Have My Money Back?' album. But I was overjoyed when Baker Street brought him the recognition as a solo artist that he so deserved. The Stealer's Wheel albums have plenty of gems too beyond the over-heard Stuck In The Middle With You.

Good documentary here, which includes Connolly speaking very affectionately of Rafferty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCF0uMYjGB4

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here