Nov 9, 2009
Sussex captain when i first started going to Hove,
RIP Lord Ted

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Sussex captain when i first started going to Hove,
RIP Lord Ted

Same here. A fabulous player. I remember a Gillette Cup semi at Hove played in overcast conditions where seamers had the upper hand. He scored a sizzling 60-odd and seemed to be playing on a different pitch to everyone else.
RIP Lord Ted

DataPoint

Mar 31, 2015
'Roy of the Rovers' player with 'Roy of the Rovers' name! One of my hero's in the great Sussex era of the early sixties.

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
Same here. A fabulous player. I remember a Gillette Cup semi at Hove played in overcast conditions where seamers had the upper hand. He scored a sizzling 60-odd and seemed to be playing on a different pitch to everyone else.
RIP Lord Ted
I think that was against Yorkshire. I can still recall him telling me and my pals to "F**k Off" when we asked him for his autograph behind the Pavilion at Hove.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I can still recall him telling me and my pals to "F**k Off" when we asked him for his autograph behind the Pavilion at Hove.

Ditto that on many occasions. In the end we would ask him just to wind him up.
Contrast to the likes of Snow, Parkes and Suttle who were invariably more obliging
An all time great cricketer though.
Brings back happy memories of youthful summers

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
His name just echoes around the country ground, so big was his influence on our club.

A really sad loss and I am sure Sussex will give him and his family a fitting tribute.

Attachments

• TD1.png
    TD1.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 112
  • TD2.png
    TD2.png
    316.5 KB · Views: 117

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
One of the creators of the Deloittes Ratings system for batsmen, which went on to become what the ICC use today to rank batsmen. A Sussex and England legend. RIP Ted.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I think that was against Yorkshire. I can still recall him telling me and my pals to "F**k Off" when we asked him for his autograph behind the Pavilion at Hove.

It was against Gloucestershire. I've just looked it up, he got 62 (no-one else in the match reached 50)

I have his autograph but from much later in life. I met him at Lord's and he was exceedingly affable.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Great Sussex hero RIP

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Good innings Lord Ted. Remember watching and loving both his cricket and his style (he had loads of it). Very much a CB Fry type old school chap.

RIP Ted you are and always will be a Sussex legend.

TNBA

TTF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here