Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Carabao cup draw

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Many times!

At least on here we have the chance to read what we've written and then delete it. Real life is much worse...on too many occasions to count I've launched into a story only to realise a third of the way through that it's not only an incredibly dull story but I'm an even worse story teller. I'm then faced with the choice of battling through to the end, pretending not to notice no one gives a shit or to slowly grind to a halt mid sentence.
:down:

The other day, with Jnr, I got into a long and quite dull backstory in order to get close to the main point involving Ozzy Osbourne.
As I was just about to get to the not so thrilling point I realised Jnr would have no idea who Ozzy is and why the story was funny, rendering the whole exercise pointless.

I gave up.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
The other day, with Jnr, I got into a long and quite dull backstory in order to get close to the main point involving Ozzy Osbourne.
As I was just about to get to the not so thrilling point I realised Jnr would have no idea who Ozzy is and why the story was funny, rendering the whole exercise pointless.

I gave up.

You should probably have started with "You know Sharon Osbourne...?"

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
It's quite remarkable that we have a B team capable of competing against a very good championship side who only made 4 changes, somewhere in the Cardiff commentary of the full game the commentators said what a fantastic time to be a Brighton and Hove Albion supporter, a truer word has never been spoken, if your not happy now then you never will be.

I agree with your general point, but Cardiff made 8 changes from the previous match (against Millwall in the Championship) - the 3 CBs were the only holdovers.

PortuGull

Gooooooooooooooooooooolll
Jul 10, 2011
Brighton Marina
An obvious tie in would been Cup-A-Soup...

Cup-A-Soup Cup surely?

Winners of this and the FA Cup to meet in the Cup Soup-A-Cup...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Many times!

At least on here we have the chance to read what we've written and then delete it. Real life is much worse...on too many occasions to count I've launched into a story only to realise a third of the way through that it's not only an incredibly dull story but I'm an even worse story teller. I'm then faced with the choice of battling through to the end, pretending not to notice no one gives a shit or to slowly grind to a halt mid sentence.

:down:

You are not alone, this often happens to me, I tend to stop when the eyes glaze over or when the person I am speaking to starts listening to what somebody else in the group is saying :down:

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA

I gave up.

You just needed to include a pic of Ozzy

ozzy-osbourne-gettyimages-660795784.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You just needed to include a pic of Ozzy

ozzy-osbourne-gettyimages-660795784.jpg

We did look at 'Ozzys best bits', from The Osbourne s, on Youtube.

Jnr took some convincing he was watching the last living 'Godfather of Rock n Roll excess'.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Yes and no. We've never won a trophy and this is the sort of trophy we should be aspiring to win - even if it is completely dull until the quarter finals.
Agreed. About time we took a cup seriously. We know we can beat anyone, just need a bit of luck with the draw

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
The Papa Smurf trophy draw for invited U21 teams coming up at 11.30,the groups have already been drawn one of the Southern section groups has Pompey Crawley and Afc Wimbledon in it! Not sure if a U21 team has won this trophy yet and the inclusion of EPL U21 teams always divides opinion,I like it and will hopefully take in a couple of the games.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
The Papa Smurf trophy draw for invited U21 teams coming up at 11.30,the groups have already been drawn one of the Southern section groups has Pompey Crawley and Afc Wimbledon in it! Not sure if a U21 team has won this trophy yet and the inclusion of EPL U21 teams always divides opinion,I like it and will hopefully take in a couple of the games.

Furthest any academy side has got is the Quarter Finals. Arsenal did it 21-22, Leicester 19-20 and 17-18, Man City 18-19 and Swansea 16-17. I think we’ve only progressed past the group stage once or twice.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Cracking group.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Group A Colchester Gillingham and Charlton Brighton U21s.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here