Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 16 years 10 months evan Ferguson, any one younger made their 1st team brighton debut?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
How old was Tilley when he came on against Boro (?)

Just worked it out.
James Tilley was 16 years, 10 months and 19 days old.

Last edited:

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Jake Caskey, 16 years and 13 days apparently…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/bri.../saisonIdBis/2019/wettbewerb_id/gesamt/plus/1

Jake Forster-Caskey, then Dean Elder, then Ferguson will slot in either 3rd, 4th or 5th around James Tilley and Jake Robinson - but for whatever reason Ian Chapman doesn't appear on that list, so I don't know :shrug:

I'm almost as disappointed at you, KG, for posting that, as I am in transfermarkt for having that on their website.

Of course, no Dean Elder has ever played for Albion. It is an incorrect database entry (someone entered Dean Elder instead of Nathan Elder, playing for Albion against Huddersfield Town in 2008).

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'm almost as disappointed at you, KG, for posting that, as I am in transfermarkt for having that on their website.

Of course, no Dean Elder has ever played for Albion. It is an incorrect database entry (someone entered Dean Elder instead of Nathan Elder, playing for Albion against Huddersfield Town in 2008).
Sorry if I'm missing something here (as Transfermarket definately are!) - but Nathan Elder would have been 21 when he joined us, and 22 when he left (according to Wiki).

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
I was, I think, 7 years and three weeks when I came on!

Well, it was my first game and I was in the 'Chicken Run' with my Dad for a Div 4 game (I think) against Halifax (I think) in November 1963?

Played OK and I stood on that milk crate like a seasoned pro!

Love this club, always have always will!

You can take the boy from Brighton but you will never ever take Brighton from the boy!

TNBA

TTF

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Sorry if I'm missing something here (as Transfermarket definately are!) - but Nathan Elder would have been 21 when he joined us, and 22 when he left (according to Wiki).

When someone entered the details into the transfermarkt database of the players for the Albion v Huddersfield Town match of Jan 19 2008, they should have entered Nathan Elder as the sub that came on in the 88th minute. In error, they entered Dean Elder instead (so possibly from a dropdown - I have no idea how the transfermarkt database is structured or how data is entered).

Because this Dean Elder (who apparently played for Scottish club Newburgh Juniors in 2013) was born on Jan 1 1992 (at least according to transfermarkt), then the database thinks his "appearance" for Albion against Huddersfield makes him Albion's second youngest-ever player.

It is, of course, all complete bollocks.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

Sorry sorry sorry. It was late and I've had a few and I really have very little recollection of Nathan Elder at the Albion at all, although I was surprised to see him on the list as I don't remember him being particularly young, which of course he wasn't. So yes, a completely idiotic faux pas :facepalm:

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester

My Oldham supporting in-laws banned me from going to Oldham games with them when Nathan Elder scored the last minute equaliser up there when we had been down to ten men for 80 minutes. I was in the main Oldham stand and had been getting stick from Oldham fans all game when my allegiances were given away after the sending off.
I was informed that my ‘wild celebrations’ weren’t appropriate. I thought they were!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here