Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Season ticket updates (Apple wallet)

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
On Saturday evening my phone notified me that my two tickets had been updated. Checked and found that they now show Everton at home.

However since then I have received about 10 notifications each day telling me they have updated.

Is this an isolated incident?

D6FF57C1-4F86-4941-97CB-BBA4A83D352E.jpeg

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I'm getting the same. Not sure why to be honest. Bit annoying. Maybe notifications on/off?

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
Mine continually did this loads of times yesterday . I’ve now turned off notifications

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
Spoke to supporter services yesterday. Said the system was playing up, also an issue where print at home emails (for ticket sharing) were not being sent out despite raising a transaction reference (the issue I'd encountered). The email issue seems to be resolved today.

Last edited:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Mine has done this from day one. I switched off automatic updates and it got rid of it. Only downside of that is that I had to switch it back on yesterday to update to the Everton game and guess what.....it started doing it again. Even after I switched automatic updates off again it was still showing on my home screen.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Mine has done this from day one. I switched off automatic updates and it got rid of it. Only downside of that is that I had to switch it back on yesterday to update to the Everton game and guess what.....it started doing it again. Even after I switched automatic updates off again it was still showing on my home screen.

Turn automatic updates back on and turn off notifications.

Seaview Seagull

NSC Patron
Mar 1, 2021
Not an apple user but isn't it to do with the dynamic updating of the barcode? Or is that only an android thing?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
On Apple you can turn off notifications.

I wonder if they keep changing the QR Codes to stop touting / sending screenshots of the ticket

Seaview Seagull

NSC Patron
Mar 1, 2021

I wonder if they keep changing the QR Codes to stop touting / sending screenshots of the ticket

Yes. The ticket guide specifically says screen shots of the QR code won't work because of dynamic updating.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne

If they're that concerned, they should put more effort into checking NHS COVID passes too....

For the record, mine auto updated and I've had no issues.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
If they're that concerned, they should put more effort into checking NHS COVID passes too....

For the record, mine auto updated and I've had no issues.

What does NHS COVID passes have to do with ticket sharing / touting?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Open your Apple Wallet, select the season ticket, press the button with 3 dots in top right corner and turn off notifications.

IMG_3925.jpg

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Mine auto updates as well but I can’t get too excited about it, if I turn off notifications in wallet it will also affect my bank cards.
After all just slide up to delete notification it’s no drama

You can get individual notifications for the different items in your wallet. So don't turn off wallet notifications but instead turn off notifications from the season ticket in the wallet.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Best post of the year for me. Non nonsense, straight to the point and it works.

Ta

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here