Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] U18 games at Lancing

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Does anyone know if it’s possible to watch the U18 games at Lancing (ie at the training ground) or do they tend to be behind closed doors?

Thanks.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Currently definitely not possible as only players and staff allowed in training ground to keep first team covid safe. Big point of contention with academy parents who've not seen their kids playing at home for 18 months.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Currently definitely not possible as only players and staff allowed in training ground to keep first team covid safe. Big point of contention with academy parents who've not seen their kids playing at home for 18 months.

Thanks - I thought that might be the case. Hopefully will be possible later in the season!

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Does anyone know if it’s possible to watch the U18 games at Lancing (ie at the training ground) or do they tend to be behind closed doors?

Thanks.

Are you a parent?

Even before Covid, I'm pretty sure the general public were not allowed to attend U-18 matches at Lancing (it was different for U-23 matches, of course).

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Are you a parent?

Even before Covid, I'm pretty sure the general public were not allowed to attend U-18 matches at Lancing (it was different for U-23 matches, of course).

No, just know someone who plays occasionally. In the old days at the Goldstone you could wander in to reserve or Southern Junior Floodlit Cup games no problem, but I guess it’s not so easy now.

I have sent an email to the club just in case it’s possible later in the season.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Are you a parent?

No, just know someone who might be playing there later in the season.

In the old Goldstone days it was quite easy to watch things like the Southern Junior Floodlit Cup, etc. I guess with the training facility staging these games now it’s a bit more difficult especially now with Covid but even at other times.

I have sent an email to the club to ask but suspect it won’t get anywhere.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
How does AZ know all this?

I read things, and then I try to store them in my brain, to try and make me a little bit less stupid than I was before.

For instance, from the Supporters' Club newsletter of September 2017:-

12345.jpg

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Thanks.

I might still ask as someone I know may be playing in a future game, but suspect I already know the answer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here