Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] How many curries could you eat in one sitting?

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
I had curry each day on my 2 week holiday in Sri Lanka a few years ago, which is probably deserving of some sort of medal - for my family who suffered the collateral damage.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
When I was at uni in Bradford, a mate and I went on a curry crawl to see how many curries we could manage. We were defeated in the third curry house ... mind you, the curry in the second place was so good, we had two helpings!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Just the one. All the carbs and extras soon fill me up.

Then I don’t fancy a curry for ages.

[Older metabolism. In my teens/20’s after drinking a gallon of beer or more on long Brighton nights, I could polish off three large Doner Kebabs at the place just down from Brighton Station].

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
Zero. Can’t stand curry!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I've just made one, to be eaten later. I went off it for years but then I started googling and removed all the oil.

This is frankly immense: https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/tom-kerridges-madras-curry-paste

I could never get that British/Indian Madras taste, but Tom nails it with the addition of vinegar and tamarind.

I do the whole thing in a pressure cooker ( a light recipe I made up with paste and lamb), but you could do it in the oven. Always with flatbread not rice and I realised why curry killed me for years.

Last edited:

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
I tend to have half of a meat and another half of a veggie curry but now don't like getting too bagged up with too much food.
There's a London curry chain called Dishoom, with a fab restaurant in Edinburgh, whose food and cookbook is quite splendid. This Friday me and two pals are catering for 80 at a friend's party. I am doing the Chicken Ruby from the Dishoom Cookbook, absolute stonker and well worth the effort! My favourite curry though is their Dahl. Smooth and so so luscious!

This thread has put me in the mood...

TNBA (Naan)

TTF

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I had a mate and he tried to do five curries on the trot.

Didn't work out at all and very sad actually. He ended up in a korma.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Back to the thread, surely it depends on how many people are dining with you?

Mrs Jakarta and I had another couple over for a Ruby and we all had different mains plus some sides - being a greedy bugger I tried them all!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Jerry Saaguire

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The Last Samu-raita

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
No, my contact at Mizuho Financial says it’s shithouse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Being used to British curries when I got here I thought it was a bit meh at first but it's really grown on me, it's quite a comfort food. Curry udon is the ****in nuts though, proper hangover cure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here