Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] RIP Brian Travers(UB40)

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Unsurprising at my age I guess, but another from my musical ‘youth’ bites the dust. His sax playing was part of the distinctive sound of the early 80s when I saw the band many times - yes they probably peaked early but I loved them.
RIP Brian

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Recently listened to all the early stuff on Spotify. Brought back memories, especially "King" and "The Earth Dies Screaming". RIP Brian.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Yeah, their early stuff was easily their best. Quality stuff on sax.

I heard he was ill. It would be good if his passing could end the animosity between the original line up.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Met him once at Billy’s Bar in Digbeth, owned by Benny from Crossroads, top bloke, Brian that is, Benny was a bit of a Billy Big Balls. (It was the night before Blackburn away in November 91)

Even though he was music A list, really nice fella, RIP

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I saw UB40 live more often than any other band, probably due to the fact they were always on the road.

Brian Travers sax was an iconic part of an iconic sound.

Sad news. RIP

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Pretty sure it was the Pretenders that they opened a show for at the Top Rank the week before they first hit the charts with King / Food for Thought. They were awesome but I never saw them live again.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
RIP Brian. The first time I saw them was the evening after we had just beaten Everton at home in about 81 I think, They were so good early on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here