Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sir Ian Botham Trade Envoy to Australia, trade envoy. Did you actually say..

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Genuine question seeks genuine answer:

Are you not concerned that such an irrelevant, unqualified figure has been given this sort of role?
I wouldn't worry. You're dealing with someone who insists any breathtakingly stupid governmental decision is absolutely fine as long as it irritates the same 5 or 6 people he's never met on a football message board. You can't debate with people like that. It's incredibly juvenile but that is the state of some people, sadly. I must admit, I had thought better of Chicken Run but that is pitiful. Put him in the same bin as that sad little drip, Baker Lite - one of the biggest cretins on NSC.

Plenty of Tories on here will debate it with you I'm sure.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I wouldn't worry. You're dealing with someone who insists any breathtakingly stupid governmental decision is absolutely fine as long as it irritates the same 5 or 6 people he's never met on a football message board. You can't debate with people like that. It's incredibly juvenile but that is the state of some people, sadly. I must admit, I had thought better of Chicken Run but that is pitiful. Put him in the same bin as that sad little drip, Baker Lite - one of the biggest cretins on NSC.

Plenty of Tories on here will debate it with you I'm sure.

You are of course correct. He never answers a straight question. A hard-boiled troll. We all know the answer anyway.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
... trade envoy?

This Ian Botham?

View attachment 139696

Yes that Ian Botham.
As a trade envoy?
Yes.

Has he ever been Youth Hosteling with Chris Eubank?

[tweet]1429731330888245252[/tweet]

I know this is tough.
I know every single word that will be written, by both sides, until such time as it shuffles off to t'pit.

But we can't just leave 'Ian Botham Trade Envoy' off the radar because of the oh so predictable nature of it.

He's now a trade envoy - Ian Botham.

With apologies to those who subscribe to the lord but the only word I have to say to this is.....

Christ.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Beefy to sell Beef to the Aussies, comedy gold

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Genuine question seeks genuine answer:

Are you not concerned that such an irrelevant, unqualified figure has been given this sort of role?

You're having a conversation with chicken little brain? Oh dear me, no. What are you thinking? ??? :facepalm:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Bernard Manning must be rolling in his grave. Thinking about the cushey little number he could of had as trade envoy to Pakistan.

:laugh::bowdown::lolol:

The three officers of state, tory styleeee

the three officers of state tory style.jpg

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You're having a conversation with chicken little brain? Oh dear me, no. What are you thinking? ??? :facepalm:

I don’t know. I temporarily took leave of my senses. I think his recent ban has knocked him bandy. I’d get more sense out of a boiled egg.

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Aussies are big and empty, just like their country.
Ian Botham

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Pakistan is the sort of place every man should send his mother-in-law, for a month, with all expenses paid.

Ian Botham

And he trialed at Palace.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Pakistan is the sort of place every man should send his mother-in-law, for a month, with all expenses paid.

Ian Botham

And he trialed at Palace.

Perhaps he'll take a long walk in the outback

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
What are you suggesting ?

Merely that, when it comes to appointing trade envoys, the opportunity to give some free travel and luxury living to a Tory supporting mate probably matters more than a detailed understanding of Ricardo's theory of comparative advantage.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
"Botham bashes bondi beach bullies" was the headline years ago.

Top diplomacy from our current clownocracy.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Ordinarily I couldn’t give two shits about the bloke, bit of an arrogant knob tbh but knowing this appointment is triggering a few people then yes why not [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Will always remember him having a game of pool down the Wilmington, seemed a bit cocky....but don’t they all?[emoji23]
Anyway, as long as he’s rattled the head tilters [emoji1303]
https://twitter.com/trussliz/status/1429685742691835907?s=21
Can’t beat a bit of Beefy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Talking of triggering, it's incredible how you two always seem to turn up on this type of thread together.

You must be telepathic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here