Molumby (captain)
Richards
Alzate

Zeqiri

Last edited:

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
My selection principles.....

Let's try to win a trophy. We have an international break coming. Most our players need more football than less. Let's not view this as an u23 fixture

---------------Sanchez
--------Duffy Dunk Webster
Karbownik Mwepu Moder Alzate
---------------Richards
-----------Connolly Zeqiri

Our back 3 need to learn how to play with each other
Our keeper needs to play himself into form
Our midfielders need a chance to impress
Our strikers need a goal
Totally fine for Roberts and Caicedo etc to have the last 20 mins. But let's set up to win the tie

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Unless his loan move is imminent I think Molumby will get a shop window.
Assuming we would like to try to win and Cardiff will play a full strength side (they did in the last round) their 2 most dangerous players in attack are their centre backs for set pieces. Aiden Flint has already scored 4 goals

Steele
Karbownik Veltman Duffy Roberts
Moder Molumby Alzate
Mwepu Richards
Zequiri

Smirko

Aug 19, 2011
Brighton

Let's try to win a trophy. We have an international break coming. Most our players need more football than less. Let's not view this as an u23 fixture

---------------Sanchez
---------------Richards

Our strikers need a goal
Totally fine for Roberts and Caicedo etc to have the last 20 mins. But let's set up to win the tie

I'll have some of what you are smoking please!

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton
Imho, Dunk should not be within 50 feet of that pitch.

You are probably right but we are short of centre backs. If Veltman is available then he will play instead i guess. I would like us to play senior players and have a go at this cup.....
I forgot Richards in my guess. He will surely start.
So maybe:-
Steele
Roberts Veltman Tsoungui
Karbownik Caicedo Mwepu Moder
Richards
Tau Zeqiri

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Here is my wild guess:-
Steele
Dunk Roberts Tsoungui
Karbownik Alzate Caicedo Mwepu Moder
Zeqiri Andone

You are probably right but we are short of centre backs. If Veltman is available then he will play instead i guess. I would like us to play senior players and have a go at this cup.....
I forgot Richards in my guess. He will surely start.
So maybe:-
Steele
Roberts Veltman Tsoungui
Karbownik Caicedo Mwepu Moder
Richards
Tau Zeqiri

You keep naming players who aren’t even in the country anymore. Andone is in Spain now finalising a move and Percy has been in South Africa for almost 2 weeks.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
It will be a team consisting of those on the fringes/bench on Saturday - hopefully Veltman will be fit would be good to get some minutes into his legs. Only dilemma is up front - with Tau and Andone heading out can't imagine either will feature, perhaps Zeqiri up top or even an U23 striker, reckon Connolly will be held back unless Maupay will be available vs Everton.

On another note, doesn't look like there's much chance of a visual flowing water current for this game - any ideas?

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
You keep naming players who aren’t even in the country anymore. Andone is in Spain now finalising a move and Percy has been in South Africa for almost 2 weeks.

If we're going down that route can I have Kurt Nogan and Sergei Gotsmanov up front.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Steele

Karbownik
Veltman
Roberts
U23 defender / Băluţa

Mwepu
Caicedo
Alzate

Richards
Zeqiri
Connolly

Subs : U23s

Jimmehh

Mar 21, 2016
Sussex by the Sea
Be nice if we take this competition seriously this year.

Whilst in previous years I would agree - wasn't last year the year we got to the last 16 and were knocked out by Manchester United?

Think we'll do as we always have - play fringe players who want to show the coach they're worthy of a place in the league, and try our best to get as far as we can.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I don't get a lot of the above selections.

We've barely played any football. Nobody needs a rest (ok possibly only Ali Mac)

We've won two games out of two. Make it three and we go into the weekend with huge momentum. We don't have another game after that for a fortnight.

True we could get an injury, but that applies to any game. Or they might get injured in training. It's a small risk

We've got 6 points on the board and we're 20-1 to be relegated. If we don't field a team capable of progressing through the competition now, we may as well say we're never going to try and win anything ever.

We're playing a very decent Championship side, who are likely not to rest players (despite the fact that they play twice a week in the league). We'll need a strong line up, playing well to get through the tie

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe

---------------Sanchez
---------------Richards

Our strikers need a goal

Couldn't agree more - probably the one competition we could actually win, but top level football these days dictates that you shouldn't have such ambitions.

I think it is a (sporting) tragedy that so few clubs take any pride in entering this competition. Let's have a go - and qualify for Europe.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here