Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Trivia about the current players

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I'm sure there is plenty who got some kind of "did you know?" stuff about Albion players.

I'll start with dr Maupay just to provide some inspiration:

- Dual citizenship (France & Argentina) and says he thinks his aggression on the pitch is due to being half-Argentinian
- One of the 10 youngest Ligue 1 players ever (made his debut at 16 years and 32 days)
- A certain mr Oscar Garcia didnt believe in Maupay which is why he left St Etienne for Brentford
- His mother is a nurse and his father some kind of transport manager
- Boca Juniors is his favorite club

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Fred Binney's dish of choice is Beef Stroganoff.

fredbinney.jpg

About as current as my research goes.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I'm sure there is plenty who got some kind of "did you know?" stuff about Albion players.

- A certain mr Oscar Garcia didnt believe in Maupay which is why he left St Etienne for Brentford

Has that ever been publicly reported anywhere? Garcia only joined St Etienne about 30 days before Maupay was sold, I doubt he’d had that much chance to form a full opinion on the player, or vice versa. It’s not like Neal has been left on the bench for 6 months and was fed up. They’d probably spent 2 or 3 weeks of pre season training together.

Edit

Found a report that says although Garcia had told Neal he wasn’t going to be the number one striker he still wanted him to stay, so saying he didn’t believe in him is an exaggeration at best. Maupay decided to leave as he wanted game time and not risk his development by having a season on the bench.

We were actually after Maupay at the time he joined Brentford as well, he felt he wasn’t ready for the PL so picked the move to Brentford.

Last edited:

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There

- Dual citizenship (France & Argentina) and says he thinks his aggression on the pitch is due to being half-Argentinian
- One of the 10 youngest Ligue 1 players ever (made his debut at 16 years and 32 days)
- His mother is a nurse and his father some kind of transport manager
- Boca Juniors is his favorite club

He's also a doctor.. apparently.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Has that ever been publicly reported anywhere? Garcia only joined St Etienne about 30 days before Maupay was sold, I doubt he’d had that much chance to form a full opinion on the player, or vice versa. It’s not like Neal has been left on the bench for 6 months and was fed up. They’d probably spent 2 or 3 weeks of pre season training together.

He said so in a few interviews, like this one:

https://www.goal.com/fr/news/bright...illeur-choix-de-ma/1k70oyamo9r6s1iwelxwiu6ggt

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Mosies Caciedo accredits his shooting prowess to the time he spent kicking the ball against a Old barn door his friend had made football sized holes in it which he would try to hit the ball through!

No wonder he feels at home already .

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
When Maupay arrived he was air BnBing at my friend’s flat in Lansdowne Place he sat on her white quilt and left a blue stain from his trousers. Could have been worse I guess.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Mosies Caciedo accredits his shooting prowess to the time he spent kicking the ball against a Old barn door his friend had made football sized holes in it which he would try to hit the ball through!

No wonder he feels at home already .
Bit like Barn Door Billy Paynter then but with continental Flair

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here