Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Garth Crooks - Team of the week

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Good news, Duffy and Biss made it

Bad news , he’s surprised Duffy came back , thinks Potter is in his 2nd season and thinks Biss is worth at least 25 mill

The mans an idiot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
Not only an idiot but needs to think about his weight problem. Great advertisement for an ex player.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Errrrmmm...... Let me fink 'bout that again....

GC.jpg

:shootself

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Good news, Duffy and Biss made it

Bad news , he’s surprised Duffy came back , thinks Potter is in his 2nd season and thinks Biss is worth at least 25 mill

The mans an idiot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He also admits to a typical big club bias in his write up about Biss.

The mans an idiot.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I met Garth once at work years ago, saw him sitting having lunch on his own.

I was with a Tottenham fan who barely remembered him, so we went up to him and sat down.

"Garth, I remember you playing at the Goldstone...."

He instantly interrupted and started asking me about Peter Ward, what happened to him, where was he now ?

I asked him what his memory of Ward was.

"At Brighton ? Complete unplayable.."

Nice man.

He has a curious discursive style of analysis while speaking, for sure, but always wondered why he gets so much more shit than other run of the mill pundits

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He has a curious discursive style of analysis while speaking, for sure, but always wondered why he gets so much more shit than other run of the mill pundits
I think it's because he uses extremely long and convoluted sentences to try and make his outpourings have more intellectual weight, and come from someone with superior levels of intelligence and erudition. OK, it worked for Dickens, but .............................

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Let's not forget he also scored in probably the most iconic FA Cup final, the 1981 replay with Man City when the FA Cup was one of the biggest television events of the year.

You finished watching Swap Shop and were glued to BBC1 for the rest of the day.

He's eccentric no doubt, but I'll never forget my time with him and his recollection of Ward and Lawrenson.

At the end of out time together he just started reading his newspaper again and we knew it was time to leave....

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
He's 63 years old.

There are very few pundits from his era. I've never understood the abuse he gets.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
He's 63 years old.

There are very few pundits from his era. I've never understood the abuse he gets.

He picks the "team of the week" and frequently picks players who didnt even play or who went off injured early and whatnot. He is probably a good guy but why is someone paying him to do this.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
He picks the "team of the week" and frequently picks players who didnt even play or who went off injured early and whatnot. He is probably a good guy but why is someone paying him to do this.

mmmm...

Can you give us examples (beyond the famous one) of the frequent examples of players not playing who made team of the week.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I wonder if Crooks uses Transfermarkt for his valuations?

Biss is criminally undervalued on that site at £22.5m. I suppose this is good for us though.

Here is a selection of players who play in a similar position but are not as good as Bissouma.

- Dendoncker - £27m
- McGinn - £27m
- Luiz - £31m
- Soucek - £36m
- Höjbjerg - £36m
- Phillips - £36m
- Neves - £40m
- Fabinho - £54m
- Rice - £63m

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
He was at the Amex Sat I staggered past him a bit worse for wear and thought blimey was that Garth Crooks? You have not been charged for this information and Mr Crooks should not have been charged for the waistcoat that he had on...

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Yves Bissouma: I've had my eye on him for some time now and with every touch of the ball he seems to get better. I dare say he might have made my team of the week on more occasions had he been playing for a more fashionable side.

I think the part in bold says a lot about Crooks.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
_20210823_082158.JPG

He was shit in The Suicide Squad too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here