Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Maupay injury thread

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Deserves it's own thread I think, and I cannot see anyone has started one already so here goes!

What's the latest on Maupay's injury. Surely it isn't a break or else he would have been immediately substituted? Reckon a tendon or muscle strain? Days not weeks was GPs hope.

NP looking good so hopefully he is back for the Toffees next week.

TNBA

TTF

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Yes he is.

Maupay is good again on here, at least for days not weeks

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
If there was even a small chance it was a fracture they wouldnt have let him continue. Hopefully its just some bruising and be fine for Everton.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The way he was holding his arm ..forcing his hand and the silly challenge ..it seemed more like ‘a stinger’ like you get in rugby

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Potter said “It’s not as bad as first feared, hopefully a matter or days/weeks.”

And Maupay posted something suggesting he’d be back very soon, so it sounds pretty minor, thank goodness.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Going to whisper it quietly but if he hadn’t thrown himself on the floor trying to win a cheap foul he wouldn’t have got injured.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Will miss Everton but will be back for Brentford.

So will Connolly start in the much changed line-up on Tuesday or will be be rested along with the other starters for next weekend.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Connolly needs as much target practise as he can get.

And more.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
G Pott said “days rather than weeks” so I’m hoping it’s just a couple days rest and good to go.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
He was never going to play Tuesday anyway - reckon he'll be back and shithousing again for Everton.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Connolly needs as much target practise as he can get.

And more.

... and more, and more.

Maupay was clearly being treated at half time, then at about 70 minutes or so he wandered back to the dugout with his arm in a sling under his training top. Went to sit with the subs and didn't look to be in any great pain.

PS : Saw your banner in the North yesterday, so did a little :bigwave: in my head. :)

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Did he injure the same arm that he then waved to indicate that he was injured? Or was it the other one?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Did he injure the same arm that he then waved to indicate that he was injured? Or was it the other one?

To be fair he didn't get it all the way up, he tried and then realised oooo la la that smarts and the offending appendage was quickly thrown to the floor again, I reckon he's popped that out and he repaired it himself trying to signal Petunia and the coastguard.

In Summary, back after the international break I reckon .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here