Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Seat Numbering

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Did anyone else find that their seat had actually moved following the seat renumbering?

Seems in our case they've just put the wrong number on the first seat in the row (as it differs from the number shown on the ticketing website which corresponds with my season ticket) and of course all the seats following that are wrong. Didn't really impact us as we sat in the same seats as usual but could be a problem if further down the row someone has bought a one off match ticket to find the seat isn't there!!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
It's certainly more cosy

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Yes. Row N WSL, my two seat numbers had moved two seats closer to the aisle. Wasn’t the case in the row behind and as the seats either side of us were empty yesterday I’m not sure if it’s by error or design.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Didn't even look at seat numbers. Our group of six have the first six seats in from the aisle, so we all just went and sat down in our usual places. No idea if the seat I was sat in was the right number or not :lolol:

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Did anyone else find that their seat had actually moved following the seat renumbering?

Seems in our case they've just put the wrong number on the first seat in the row (as it differs from the number shown on the ticketing website which corresponds with my season ticket) and of course all the seats following that are wrong. Didn't really impact us as we sat in the same seats as usual but could be a problem if further down the row someone has bought a one off match ticket to find the seat isn't there!!

Yes! either my row or the one in front has changed. Think it is ours. We were really puzzled like did we forget where we sat usually. Surely though there must be a missing or duplicated or extra seat number as a result

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
They missed seat 225 out of every row in the West Upper, yet the seat appears on the seating plan when trying to buy tickets.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I think this is just that they've numbered the seats wrong so everyone should be in their traditional seat. If you're not sure, log on to the ticketing site and select your area and hover the cursor over your usual seat and it should show the correct number.

Going to be a bit of a balls ache for the person that's got to stick new numbers on!!!!

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Didn't look at the numbers, went to my usual row, saw the usual bods seated around, a few fist pumps and kisses then sat down.
Nobody asked me to move so must have been right.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
"My seat" is still my seat. However, I looked a right gimp at the Getafe match as I specifically booked two tickets on the end of a row, which I took ages to find as they were actually bang, slap in the middle of a row.

I'm not sure the ticketing software and actual layout are in any way similar now.

Dickie1965

Sep 27, 2016
I think this is just that they've numbered the seats wrong so everyone should be in their traditional seat. If you're not sure, log on to the ticketing site and select your area and hover the cursor over your usual seat and it should show the correct number.

Going to be a bit of a balls ache for the person that's got to stick new numbers on!!!!

Trouble is they two people had 192 and 193 . However the numbers didn’t exist. One was a new season ticket holder who sat in the seat only for the old season ticket holder to turn and ask what was going on!

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
I think 112/113 missing from WSU too. I've deliberately got an aisle seat (knee locks up uncomfortably when sitting sometimes and needs stretching out occasionally!) so I'd be a bit miffed if I ended up mid-row.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
My seats were on the end when purchased. Arrived yesterday, in the middle of a row. Weird.

The way the seating plan is displayed on the ticketing website isn't the most helpful. As per the image below the aisle seats are in the middle, the black lines show the steps between each section. The seats next to the letters at either end of the image are actually in the middle of a block of seats.

Not very helpful for those not familiar with the layout of the stadium buying tickets for the odd match, and this issue with missing seat numbers that people people seem to have been able to purchase might mean supporters services are very busy Monday morning. I'll be phoning to sort out the fact that my son's season ticket seat is one of those that doesn't exist.

amex seating.JPG

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Here is a picture of the seats in front of me (N1H), you can see the gapping between the seats is now non existent, was an inch or so before. The seats on my row still had a gap. To be honest, I remember thinking 2 years ago extra seats could easily be fitted in the NE corner with better optimisation.

6A147611-38CD-4ABC-B664-016B6266378C.jpeg

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Our groovy gang of 6 now appear to be one away from the aisle now, we will reclaim our old seats this Saturday

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The way the seating plan is displayed on the ticketing website isn't the most helpful. As per the image below the aisle seats are in the middle, the black lines show the steps between each section. The seats next to the letters at either end of the image are actually in the middle of a block of seats.

Not very helpful for those not familiar with the layout of the stadium buying tickets for the odd match, and this issue with missing seat numbers that people people seem to have been able to purchase might mean supporters services are very busy Monday morning. I'll be phoning to sort out the fact that my son's season ticket seat is one of those that doesn't exist.

View attachment 139671

It's related to Blocks, innit? That image is one whole block. If the blocks went from aisle to aisle there'd be a variety of complications; half blocks at each end of the stand, entrances referring to two blocks, and multiple entrances for single blocks, changes to pricing - pricing is currently by block, if the blocks are shunted to match the aisles either the price changes in the middle of the same block, or ticket prices are increased costing customers more for the same seats, or prices are decreased and the club lose money.

I don't know how much of an issue each is on their own, but combined it feels simpler just to have the blocks as they currently are.

Here is a picture of the seats in front of me (N1H), you can see the gapping between the seats is now non existent, was an inch or so before. The seats on my row still had a gap. To be honest, I remember thinking 2 years ago extra seats could easily be fitted in the NE corner with better optimisation.

View attachment 139672

Interesting - so many non attenders in East Stand I doubt anyone noticed if they have closed the gaps there, will take your pic and compare next time I go

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here