Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I would guess 25k

That’s about right, I think.

We’re both wrong apparently though. It was announced as 29.8k. We must have a capacity of nearing 36k then. Where did they find the space to put all those extra seats?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Lots of empty seats, which didn't help flag display. Not as many empty as I expected though. Always loads in August.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
I would say bums on seats about 25,000. As said always loads away in August and perhaps a few waiting to see how things go with covid restrictions. I think there will be a few more there on Saturday.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

We’re both wrong apparently though. It was announced as 29.8k. We must have a capacity of nearing 36k then. Where did they find the space to put all those extra seats?

I don't know but they've certainly moved some seats around. When I selected I picked two on the end of a row - got there and they were about 5 seats in. No problem, just seemed a bit strange.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I think, as fans, we tend to under-estimate the number of empty seats when assessing the crowd.

And because I think this, I tend to adjust down from what I'd guess at. So I'm saying 22-23k.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Noticeably more empty seats at the Amex than at the other grounds yesterday though. Why do we seem to have so many no shows in August compared to others? I remember thinking that in previous seasons.

I guess being on telly meant a few more empty seats yesterday though.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I'll try and remember to ask nicely if I remember as I know someone who will know the actual figure.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016

most rows have had two extra seats per block added-thetere ar a few others in the corners etc, but most are the added ones. seats are a little closer together to make room.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Noticeably more empty seats at the Amex than at the other grounds yesterday though. Why do we seem to have so many no shows in August compared to others? I remember thinking that in previous seasons.

That is what I am thinking, every other ground seemed packed last week and this week, yet again The Amex had a lot of empty seats and yet again people say it's holidays, so do only Brighton fans take holidays in August.
Fans of other clubs were obviously busting at the seams to get back into the stadiums to watch live football, except Brighton fans.
I can only think of 3 reasons why.
1. They are sensible and did not want to risk Covid infection.
2. They were all at farmshops buying sausages.
3. They don't give a shit, it was only Watford and it was on TV.
It is a shame that the camera faces the East lower but it should have been full, notwithstanding Covid, embarrassing really.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill

Yes I was wondering that. Maybe our location and dependence on public transport to get to the ground has an effect with covid. Not easy to drive privately and park.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
That is what I am thinking, every other ground seemed packed last week and this week, yet again The Amex had a lot of empty seats and yet again people say it's holidays, so do only Brighton fans take holidays in August.
Fans of other clubs were obviously busting at the seams to get back into the stadiums to watch live football, except Brighton fans.
It is a shame that the camera faces the East lower but it should have been full, notwithstanding Covid, embarrassing really.

I'm too old to find it embarrassing but I was definitely surprised to see the amount of empty seats considering we'd been deprived of seeing live action for so long.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Lots of empty seats, which didn't help flag display. Not as many empty as I expected though. Always loads in August.

A lot more empty seats because of the inability to just pass a ticket on to a friend and you know it!

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

If you embarrassed about what people you will never meet watching a game on TV think about other people you don't know choosing not to attend a football game in the middle of a pandemic and school holidays, you might want to re-evaluate your priorities in life.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

100% reason 2 :)

Seriously, I think many would have stayed away because of reason 1, and fair enough.
Reason 3 - I think anyone that’s been watching the Albion for many years will know that since we have been at the Amex and more so in the PL that many coming to games are not die hard Albion fans.
I’m sure some would have stayed home or gone to the pub and watched on TV.

A friend once told me that embarrassing is going on the piss all day and then shitting yourself on the bus coming home……this friend definitely wasn’t me.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Practically empty where we sat - never known it as bad in ten years. We are in an end where seats are sold to the public.
Rest of the ground had loads of empty spaces.
Can’t say I was surprised as nearly everyone I talked to thought the ticket sharing was a money making scam on the back of the Covid situation.

Last edited:

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
A lot more empty seats because of the inability to just pass a ticket on to a friend and you know it!

Certainly case with my neighbour who told me today he didnt go. He has a card , Doesnt miss many games and said shame couldnt give his ticket to someone

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here